Thursday, August 15, 2013

Lush Sultana Soap


I'm not really sure what Sultana's are...but I knew I had to try it. Sultana just sounds like a royal name. Or at least it does to me. In the Lush store I admit, I wasn't impressed. I couldn't smell much of it but what I did smell, smelled kinda musty.

Lush Claims:

Our soap version of posh Italian nougat
Soft suds, bursting with dried fruit and a creamy scent.
If your skin's feeling like a cracked desert landscape, the olibanum oil in this soap helps your skin find its oasis. 
Use with Blackberry Bath Bomb for twice the fruity fragrant feeling.

Mark’s idea of an ultimate naughty indulgence is to buy himself some of that gorgeous soft Italian nougat from Liberty’s in London. He always tried to pretend he had bought it to give to Mo as inspiration for her next soap invention. So eventually she called his bluff and invented this soap – so he now has no excuse to buy it!! 

For some reason the scent of this blossomed pretty much as soon as I left the store. I LOVE the smell of it. It's kinda floral...and I'm not good at picking out floral notes but I would say I definitely smell some honeysuckle and some sort of cream scent. It's heavenly. And it smells nice in the shower! Plus...it lingers!     -*does happy dance


Now for the cons.

This stuff melts. FAST. I've never encountered a softer soap! It looks like something edible and most pieces have nuts and sultanas in them. Mine didn't. Which is good because I paid for soap...not nuts!

And for as soft as it is, it doesn't soften my skin. I need lotion. Or maybe it's just because my lotion sucks. Either way, the moisture could be better, especially for the price.

Ingredients:
Water, Propylene Glycol, Rapeseed Oil and Coconut Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Perfume, Dried Apricots, Dried Currants, Titanium Dioxide,Glycerine, Dried Cranberries, Olibanum Oil,Bergamot Oil, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate

I probably wouldn't buy it again as a soap, but if I find out they have a lotion or perfume of this scent, I'm all over it!


2 comments:

  1. Sultanas are a dried fruit, used a lot of the time in christmas cake :-) I wish I had a LUSH store closer to me, all your reviews are making me covet them so much hehe great post as always! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thanks!! The closest Lush store to me is about 45 minutes :( They sound like something I should be eating though not washing with. Some of their stuff smells really really good....but a lot of overhyped...some of it is worth trying though...I hope you get to try some soon :)

      Delete