Thursday, September 5, 2013

Lush Sea Vegetable Soap


I've been a terrible blogger lately. But I'm trying to get it together. There's really no excuse either. I've just been lazy. That and I've been playing a lot of the Sims 3 lately. I downloaded a lot of the add on packs and The Sims sucks your life away. Literally. Anyway, on to the review.

Lush claims:

Peer into the ocean. A deep blue bar for using under water.
The handfuls of seaweed in this soap don’t just look stunning, they are mineral rich and skin softening. You’ll start to feel the effects as you’re washing. 
This is the perfect soap for banishing nasties due to the sea salt and antiseptic lavender oil. 


Ok...so I love the way the soap looks. It looks so rustic with the sea weed on the top and the blue soap part on the bottom. Supposedly the top part is exfoliating. Mine isn't and I could hardly tell their was salt in it. Which is probably a good thing. Salt is very drying

But I hate the way it smells. I really do. It's like a public toilet smell with lime oil. And I don't even smell a hint of Lavender. Sea Vegetable makes me feel sea sick. Which is sad because I love the concept of this soap.

Luckily it isn't strong and doesn't linger on the skin.

It isn't the most moisturizing. In fact, it might even be drying thanks to the lime and sea salt. Definitely a soap that oily skin types might benefit from

The lather isn't that great either. I rub it on my loofah and get decent bubbles and then two seconds later all the bubbles have disappeared.

The worse thing about this soap is that it lasts forever. It's harder. Usually Lush soaps melt extremely fast. I can't wait until I use it up. I really really dislike it. 

Ingredients:
Propylene Glycol, Water, Rapeseed Oil and Coconut Oil, Coarse Sea Salt, Sodium Stearate,Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Hydroxide, Arame Seaweed, Lime Oil, Lavender Oil, Seaweed Absolute, Glycerine, Sodium Chloride, EDTA,Tetrasodium Etidronate, *Citral, *Geraniol,*Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, Colour 42090,Colour 19140


To sum it up...they couldn't give me this soap for free. No recommendation!


No comments:

Post a Comment