Friday, November 22, 2013

Lush Love Lettuce Brightening Fresh Face Mask

I just got in from a party. And look at me....blogging. I know this weekend is going to hectic for me but I still want to get in a few more posts. Plus I was in the mood to do a face mask.

Lush claims:

Lettuce show you the way to lovely skin
This mask is a seaweed gel with exfoliating granules through it. 
Ideal for those who want to clear away dead skin and brighten the face, whilst also gently treating it to softening ingredients.
First we make a seaweed gel using agar, then we add honey and almond oil to soften and moisturise the skin. Kaolin and fullers earth deep clean, absorb grease and debris and tighten the skin. Finally there are ground almonds and ground almond shells, so that when you come to wash this off with water, you can work it over your face for a few minutes to exfoliate away dead skin.  
Simply fragranced with 100 percent pure French lavender, to balance the skin’s sebum production.
Ground almond shells are a good natural exfoliant. They are rough enough to give a good scrub, but soft enough not to damage the skin. Every skin is different, and you decide how much pressure to use and how long to scrub for.


So first off, I love the color. Green is my favorite color for a mask. I think that's because it seems to be the color they always choose in movies and on television.

It smells herbal and pretty similar to Ayesha and Bb Seaweed.

So I usually leave it on for about ten minutes (or more). It has ground almond shells to exfoliate. I usually give my face a good scrubbing as I am rinsing off the mask.

Afterwards, my face feels refreshed, smooth, and very clean. And it seems brighter too, if that's not all in my imagination.

The only problem I had was that the very first time I used it I had a few painful whiteheads rear their ugly heads the next day. But it could have been my skin purging because I hadn't used a mask in awhile.


Of course the price of this is not so great for me. But luckily if you live in the US or UK you get a much better price. I keep buying them because I'm convinced I need to try them all. In fact, that's my mission for this next year. 

As for ingredients, I'm kind of surprised it doesn't even have lettuce. It has..seaweed. So that means Lush offers TWO masks with seaweed. They sure do love that stuff!

Ingredients:
Agar Agar Gel, Kaolin, Honey, Fullers Earth,Glycerine, Almond Oil, Ground Almond Shells,Ground Almonds, Lavender Oil, Chlorophyllin,*Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume

Have you tried any Lush masks? What was your favorite? Any recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment