Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Jamaican Mango and Lime Coiling Creme Pudding



I was in the aisle looking for something cheap (after spending all that money on Mixed Chicks my pockets needed to recover). This was under six bucks so into the cart it went. I had tried the brand once before when I bought a body lotion and didn't like it at all, it smelled like glue. But I like giving second chances. 

Jamaican Mango and Lime claims:
Apply Coiling Creme Pudding to entire head of hair and massage to make sure hair is moisturized. Separate hair into desired sections and begin to coil until entire head is complete. Sit under hair dryer or air dry. Then separate coils and lift from root to ends using blow dryer at the root tp maximize volume.

So first off let's talk scent. This definitely does not smell like glue like the previous product. It does smell like a very artificial mango fruitiness scent that doesn't stick around too much unless you sniff your hair directly. 

So silly me didn't understand the directions or the purpose of the product which is for finger coils...or comb coils.

But ain't nobody got time for that!

I did attempt finger coils with it and found my hair came out a hot mess as it always does when I try and twist it. So I resolved to use it as I always do...as a wash and go.

The good news is it added a shine to my hair that had been missing for a little while.

I kind of get curl definition.

It doesn't turn my hair that annoying shade of white.

But my hair could use a little more moisture and softness.

For the price, it isn't bad but it doesn't stand out either. It reminds me a lot of the Taliah Waajid Curly Curl Cream. The packaging and scents are very similar but I do like this stuff a little better.

For some reason I was under the impression that this would be a natural product. I think the lotion was almost all natural. I was kinda disappointed in the ingredients. They do get better at the end though. I have a feeling this was one product that USED to contain much more natural until they reformulated.

Ingredients:
Deionized water, , polyquaterium 10, peg 1, glycerin, DMDM Hydantoin, Carbomer, Peg 33 and PEG 8, Dimethicone, Triethanolamine, Sodium, Polyacrylate and Ethyexylstearate Tricedeth-6, Fragrance, Aloe exrtract, garacilaria extract, honey, marigold extract, papaya extract, kiwi extract, sweet almond extract, mango extract, lime extract, alma oil, argan oil, sea grape extract,

Overall, it's at most an average product. I don't see myself repurchasing.

Have you tried it? Love it or leave it?

No comments:

Post a Comment