Monday, December 2, 2013

Lush Big Blue Bath Bomb


I have certainly tried a lot of seaweed beauty products this year. I tried Lush Sea Vegetable soap and two face masks that contained seaweed as the main ingredient- Bb Seaweed and Love lettuce. But my favorite way to have seaweed is on sushi...mmmmm! 

Lush claims:
Peer over the side of the boat into the big blue
Watch the seaweed float by and feel the salt on your skin
Who needs a holiday when a bath can be this relaxing and refreshing?!
Need a holiday but don’t have the time? A soak in this is the next best thing. Lavender oil to relax, lemon oil to clear the mind and seaweed and sea salt to soften the skin – set yourself adrift for hours.

We’ve always been in love with seaweed and use it as much as we can. You can’t beat its mineral rich, skin softening qualities. We’ve put seaweed strands and seaweed absolute in this, for double effect.
Mo wanted this ballistic to be evocative of holidays in the Mediterranean and floating on the big blue. She didn’t intend it to make you feel like a mermaid, but it can have that effect.

So first off, this bath bomb turned the bath water the most beautiful shade of blue I have ever seen in my life. I'm not much of a beach person (it always smells fishy) but if the water looked like this I would probably go more often. I think it's time for a tropical vacation!

As for scent, it's supposed to be lavender, but honestly I could barely smell anything at all. When I first threw it in it sort of smelled like spices...cardamom maybe?


The weirdest thing about this was the seaweed- and it is weird. It kinda looks like spider legs at first and they feel like twigs. After a while they soften up (I didn't notice any extra softening because of them-my skin felt normal). I spent most of my bath time trying to pick them up and rip them into smaller pieces. It was actually pretty amusing. 

Ingredients:
Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Coarse Sea Salt,Fine Sea Salt, Perfume, Arame Seaweed, Lemon Oil, Lavender Oil, Seaweed Absolute, *Eugenol,*Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 42090,Colour 19140

But I still wouldn't repurchase. I will miss that water though, I was sad to see it wash down the drain. 


No comments:

Post a Comment