Wednesday, December 4, 2013

NARS Larger than Life Volumizing Mascara


I've been trying a lot more high end brands. Sometimes I just need to find out what all the hype was about. I like NARS mostly because of their blushes. But I rarely hear much about their other products. Except maybe eyeshadow. So I took it upon myself to try some of the stuff you don't hear much about. That's how I ended up with this mascara.

NARS claims:
Distinctive square brush designed for optimum color pick-up
NARS signature "honeycomb” bristles allow for even distribution
Lush. Lavish. Dramatically full lashes. Vitamin-enriched mascara boosts volume and curl with every stroke for high-drama lashes that are bigger than ever. Every lash is coated with a velvety finish; no clumping, smudging or flaking.


So let's start off with the packaging which is nice. It has that same velvet texture the other NARS products have. The only weird thing was the lid to the mascara was the same size as the body. It almost seems like they are cheating you on product.


Which if they are, I really wouldn't mind. 

This mascara sucks.

Volume? Where? Not on my lashes that's for sure.

The color on this mascara is a nice black...but it really didn't volumize my lashes at all. And considering is cost twenty bucks that is just unacceptable. And the brush is super big and I usually end up smudging it on my lids. (not cute!)

The next problem I have is when it comes time to wash it off. Maybe I've been spoiled by Maybelline washable formula. This stuff is nearly impossible to get off. It's almost like it's waterproof. I even lost a few lashes the first couple of times. I still haven't worked out a way to completely remove this from my lashes. And that irks me.

The good news is that it doesn't flake off or irritate my eyes. 

Overall, I was extremely disappointed in it. NARS makes a lengthening one also but I don't think I will be tempted to try that for a little while.

Guess I'll stick to their blushes for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment