Saturday, January 11, 2014

Philosophy Homemade Honey Buns Shampoo, Shower Gel, and Bubble Bath


Philosophy 3 in 1's have been on my list of things to try forever. So when I saw they were on sale on Black Friday for ten bucks I snapped two of them up. This one and a cherry one. 

Philosophy claims:
there's nothing like a warm honey bun on christmas morning. indulge in homemade honey buns shampoo, shower gel & bubble bath this holiday season. the moisturizing, multitasking formula provides a rich, foaming lather to gently cleanse and condition, leaving skin and hair feeling soft.

I love honey buns. And I love that they include a recipe. Which I plan on making. It's not really a honey bun recipe. More like a cinnamon bun. Have you ever tried to find a honey bun recipe? They are impossible to find. One day. 

Anyway, as far as smell it doesn't smell amazing. I'd much rather smell cinnamon buns cooking in the oven. They didn't capture it well enough for me. There is a buttery cinnamon scent. But no honey.  And you would think honey was a main component in the scent. And it has this weird undertone of something that makes it unappealing to me. It doesn't really scent up the bathroom or my body either. 

The scent has grown on me the more and more I use it but it's not something I would ever buy again.

I thought it would be sort of concentrated given the price and the fact that it is higher end but not really. So I end up using a lot of it every time I shower. It does make decent lather though when I use a good amount.

I thought these might be drying but it doesn't dry my skin. I wouldn't call it moisturizing though either. 

As a bubble bath, it sucks. It barely makes bubbles. And the scent just isn't really a bubble bath scent. I think I prefer relaxing spa scents in the bath versus food scents.

I won't even try it as a shampoo. Sorry!

It has way too many ingredients in it too. Some are good. Most aren't.

Ingredients:
aqua/water/eau, sodium laureth sulfate, lauryl betaine, ppg-2 hydroxyethyl cocamide, glycerin, glycol distearate, parfum/fragrance, allantoin, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, panthenol, camellia sinensis leaf extract, tocopherol, tocotrienols, triolein, trilinolein, polyquaternium-7, polyquaternium-10, maltodextrin, methyl gluceth-20, sodium sulfite, sodium benzotriazolyl butylphenol sulfonate, polysorbate 20, disodium laureth sulfosuccinate, buteth-3, tributyl citrate, sodium chloride, magnesium chloride, magnesium nitrate, sodium benzoate, citric acid, disodium edta, potassium sorbate, maleic anhydride, sodium hydroxide, methylene di-t-butylcresol, cinnamal, eugenol, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, fd & c red no. 4 (ci 14700), d & c green no. 5 (ci 61570), fd & c yellow no. 5 (ci 19140), fd & c yellow no. 6 (ci 15985).


Overall, I would definitely skip it. I'm not against trying some of the other flavors though. I want to try Cinnamon Buns and the cookie one. Hopefully those are a lot better. Have you tried any of Philosophy's shower gels. 


No comments:

Post a Comment