Sunday, February 16, 2014

Philosophy Have A Cherry Christmas Shampoo, Shower Gel, and Bubble Bath


I bought this around the same time as the Homemade Honey Buns one. I got it on sale for around ten dollars. I wasn't really happy with the Homemade Honey buns gel so I was hoping I would have better luck with this one.

Philosophy claims:
feel cherry cheerful and merry
leaves skin and hair feeling ultra soft
give holiday greetings

Have a cherry christmas, and wish others a cherry christmas too. Have a cherry christmas white cherry shampoo, shower gel and bubble bath inspires you to feel cherry and bright as the moisturizing formula gently cleanses and conditions skin and hair. The cherry-luscious scent provides a jolly good time. It comes in a giftable box for wishing others a cherry christmas


So let's start with scent. It smells like cherry topping that you get in a can. With a "wild note" to it. I've never smelled white cherries or even seen them for that matter. I'll definitely be on the lookout because they are something I would love to try.


It's Ok. But then it has this cheap scent too it. Like what you get at the dollar store. It also isn't very strong. I've tried some drugstore gels that scent the bathroom up. This just smells mildly in the bathroom. It doesn't linger either.

As far as texture, it makes Ok bubbles. But you would think with the price it would feel a little more luxurious. It is a very pretty looking gel with the iridescent pink glitter. It looks a little different from past releases that were a red shower gel.

It doesn't dry my skin but it certainly doesn't moisturize it. I feel like my skin has gotten rougher since I've been using these shower gels.

Overall, I'm not really that impressed. That makes two out of two products that I've been disappointed with from the brand. I'm going to try and pick up one of the much loved facial cleansers "Purity" and see if I have better luck with that. 

Ingredients:
Aqua/Water/Eau, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Ppg-2 Hydroxyethyl Cocamide, Acrylates Copolymer, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Lauryl Betaine, Glycerin, Parfum/Fragrance, Allantoin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Panthenol, Tocopherol, Tocotrienols, Triolein, Trilinolein, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Polyquaternium-7, Polyquaternium-10, Maltodextrin, Sodium Sulfite, Sodium Benzotriazolyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Polysorbate 20, Buteth-3, Tributyl Citrate, Sodium Chloride, Magnesium Chloride, Magnesium Nitrate, Sodium Benzoate, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Maleic Anhydride, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Tin Oxide, Silica, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Methylene Di-T-Butylcresol, Coumarin, Limonene, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), D & C Red NO. 33 (CI 17200), FD & C Red No. 4 (CI 14700)


For now, I think I will stay away from Philosophy shower gels...well unless I find them on sale. Or I may try Cinnamon Buns which is one of the more popular ones and see if I like that. Overall, not for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment