Monday, March 10, 2014

Homemade Vanilla Marshmallows!!!

One of my new year resolutions was to make Marshmallows!

And I finally did it! 

I don't really like Marshmallows. Well actually I'm lying, I like them sometimes. I only made them because I found a book in the library on making them and I was curious to see just how the heck they are made.

It's actually pretty easy...just a little time consuming.

First I made the marshmallow syrup. Of course you can just use corn syrup but I read they taste better if you make your own.

Then you have to make the cornstarch/powder sugar coating. That's pretty easy. My sister actually made it for me.

Then you have to make the actual marshmallow. And you need a few things...a mixer and a candy thermometer. I was so excited because I had never made anything using a thermometer. 

Anyway they were pretty fun to make but I didn't really think they tasted that much better than store bought. The texture was a little better...they were "creamier" but that's about it. I think I need to make a fancy flavor. Which I will, in a few months. I need marshmallow recovery time.

I covered them with Nutella because I was being extra fancy and they look pretty yummy....and made a cute addition to hot chocolate. 





No comments:

Post a Comment