Sunday, May 18, 2014

Lush Demon in The Dark


I hate mint smelling bath and body products. But since I feel compelled to try all things Lush- I added this to my online shopping cart hoping maybe this would be the product to make me change my mind.

It's not.

Lush claims:
Deep, dark green, wrapped in a layer of black wax (which you can peel off before you use it). The reason it's so green is that we make it with fresh mint and apple juice; we blend in some invigorating peppermint and stimulating spearmint oils, plus warming clove bud oil to stimulate the skin.



So first off let's talk about the look. I love the jade-black-green color that is this soap. I want this color in a nail polish. The soap itself looks cool-except for the stupid layer of wax that covers the entire soap. Why Lush, why?? It doesn't serve a purpose and unfortunately I got the piece with four sides of wax. With Lush you pay by the ounce and I'm not too happy about paying for wax when I bought soap.

And not to mentions it's not fun to peel the wax of the soap.

Moving on. 

The smell: like mint...and dirt. Me no likey. Luckily it isn't strong and doesn't really linger. It's not as toothpaste-y as Lush Dirty soap though.

The weird thing: This soap tingles sensitive spots. I like that.

Now let's talk lather: it's non-existent. And it melts quick-not that I'm complaining about that too much.

Ingredients:
  • Rapeseed Oil and Coconut Oil
  • Glycerine
  • Water (Aqua)
  • Organic Apple Juice
  • Sodium Stearate
  • Dried Peppermint Leaf
  • Peppermint Oil
  • Spearmint Oil
  • Clove Bud Oil
  • Sodium Chloride
  • EDTA
  • Sodium Hydroxide
  • Tetrasodium Etidronate
  • Eugenol*
  • Limonene*
  • Perfume
  • Gardenia Extract
  • Colour 42090
  • Black Wax (Specerit Black Z)

I just plain didn't like this soap. Maybe if I were more into mint scented products I would like it more.

Tried it? Like it? Love it?

No comments:

Post a Comment