Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Wet N Wild Color Icon Brow and Eyeliner in White



NYC and Wet N Wild are some of the cheapest brands in the drugstore. 99 cents for an eyeliner?  I'm down! I've already tried the white pencil from NYC. Honestly from what I can remember they seem almost identical. 

Wet N Wild claims:
Rich, creamy color glides on smoothly without tugging. Incredibly versatile to create a variety of looks.
Made in Mexico

When I bought the NYC one it was because I wanted to try it in the waterline to make my eyes look bigger and brighter. I already have huge bug eyes...so I don't really need to do that but I love trying new things. Tyra recommended it on her show. And I'm just not a fan of the look. I can see the liner. It just doesn't glide on. I think a better color for me may be an off white. This is just to stark. Plus it can look a little "crumbly" which looks kinda gross.

And it's a little hard to put on the waterline.

NYX Hot Orange, Makeup Forever Yellow 2, Mac Aqua

But anyway, that wasn't really why I bought this pencil. I wanted a white base. I really wanted NYX Milk but I didn't feel like placing an order for it. So I grabbed what was local and cheap.

This is not as creamy as the one from NYX. You can't just draw it on your lids and blend it in (or you can but I think it's too much tugging). I just rub it on my finger and dab it on my eye. A little more time consuming but for 99 cents...I can't complain too loudly! 

I do want to mention that this rubs off extremely easily. Some other shadows you draw them on...they won't budge.

It is kinda waxy feeling which is good because it really makes shadows stick! For some reason I still get creasing with some colors but I think it's just my super oily lids. It shouldn't be a problem for most people!


It makes my shadows pop just a tad more than they would otherwise but you don't have to pack as much color on..which is a good thing.

Overall, I like it but I'm convinced there are other products that are better. I think maybe a chubby stick makes a better shadow base...but I shall use it up and test something else when it's done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment