Friday, May 16, 2014

Lush Oatifix Fresh Face Mask



It's been a little while since I've had a Lush mask but since the weather was so nice I thought I would take the trip to downtown Wiesbaden to get my mask fix. I originally wanted to pick up the Cupcake one but they were out so I went home with this one..and I'm so glad I did!!!

Lush claims:
This gentle, nourishing mask is made with fresh bananas and illipe butter to moisturise dry skin. Oatmeal, ground almonds and kaolin work together in a mildly exfoliating base to eradicate dead skin, leaving you soft, supple and moisturised. Smooth a generous layer of this mask onto your face and leave for 10 to 15 minutes and let the ingredients get to work before washing off gently with warm water.

I love this mask. Mostly because of the scent. It smells amazing. I'm a big fan of oatmeal...add a little milk, sugar, and cinnamon-mmmmm! This smells exactly like a big bowl of sugary oatmeal and I love it!! I know it has bananas but I don't smell it much. This is definitely my favorite scent out of the masks I have tried to far! I love it so much I even tasted it..doesn't taste as good as it smells...but that was to be expected.

Another reason I love this mask is because it is so hydrating. This would be amazing on dry skin. I have combination and don't need all the moisture but I like it anyway! I use it before bed so the extra nourishment doesn't make me go oily during the day.

It's targeted towards sensitive skin but I've read a bunch of reviews where people claimed it stung so I would use caution. As for me, I didn't feel any stinging.

It's so moisturizing I just rinse off and go to sleep. There is no tight feeling at all with this. I wake up in the morning with super soft skin!

Of course it is a "fresh face" mask and as such it does expire. I find I can keep using these well past expiration without any trouble. As long as it doesn't change scent or texture it's safe to use in my book.  

Personally, I apply a thin layer so it lasts a long time! I've used it three times already and you can see how much is left in the pot! It is rather thick though so I find it pretty hard to spread around. I add a little water to make it a little easier. I also keep this on way longer than recommended. I will put it on then watch a movie or just hang out around the house.

Ingredients:
  • Glycerine
  • Fine Oatmeal
  • Water (Aqua)
  • Ground Almonds
  • Illipe Butter
  • Kaolin
  • Talc
  • Fair Trade Vanilla Absolute
  • Sandalwood Oil
  • Benzoin Resinoid
  • Coumarin*
  • Benzyl Cinnamate*
  • Linalool*
  • Perfume
  • Gardenia Extract
  • :
    Overall, it's definitely my favorite so far of the masks and I absolutely recommend it, especially to those with dry skin.







    No comments:

    Post a Comment