Friday, May 30, 2014

Mineral to Liquid Foundation

I'm on a blogging roll. Go Me!!

I watched a couple vids on youtube about mineral foundation and found one that said you can mix it with liquid to make it into a liquid foundation.



So naturally I had to try it.

Sometimes mineral foundation can look a little cakey, powdery, and dry. So I can see why someone would want to mix it. Currently I have Bare Minerals and sometimes it can look patchy on my cheeks.

Now, you can mix the foundation with water or mixing medium. I made my own mixing medium which is just 1 part glycerin to 3 parts water. I used less glycerin because my skin can get pretty oily. I also added some essential oil (lime) to make it smell good.




And experimented away. It does go on pretty smooth for me which is kind of nice. But it can look patchy still depending on what you add to it.

And if I add too much glycerin...it's not pretty. I end up a greasy mess.

Still it was a fun little thing to try. I would recommend at least trying it if you already have a mineral foundation that you don't like the way it applies. Especially if you have dry skin.

Oh and check out my yellow, it's Chrome Yellow from MAC and I think I've found the yellow I've been searching for! Yay!!

Also, excuse how awful my skin is looking...it's been going through some thangs!

No comments:

Post a Comment