Thursday, May 29, 2014

Citrus and Soy Pork Loin

Ah, roast. Something we don't really make at my house. (especially not pork roasts!). But we did watch a lot of Bewitched. 


I love that show. And Sam always seems to be making roasts. Mostly for their dinner parties. Anywho, I came across this recipe in a magazine- not just any magazine, one with super sexy Idris on  the cover- and decided I would give it the old college try. 

And it came out pretty good.

I didn't use oven bags...just a nice roasting pan. It didn't have much citrus flavor but the spices and the soy gave it a great flavor.

And I found out pork roasts are cheap-compared to beef roasts. Came out amazing but I wouldn't make it too often. Pork isn't super healthy for me. But just to try it was OK.

I ate it with Ginger Soy Green Beans. Yum!

I could find a link to the recipe so I typed it out.... 

3/4 cup orange juice
1/2 low sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tbls dried rosemary
1 3/4 tsp chopped garlic
1 1/4 red onions
6 pounds boneless pork loin roast 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a medium bowl, stir together the first six ingredients. Place the pork roast in an oven bag (Reynolds makes these) and set in a roasting pan or baking dish. Pour the orange juice mixture over the roast, making sure to coat entirely. Close the bag according to package instructions. Bake for 80 minutes, until the internal temperature of the loin is at least 160 degree F. Remove from the oven and let stand for about 20 minutes to settle the juices. Carefully open the bag, remove the roast, slice and serve with a little of the drippings drizzled on top.

I actually halved the recipe as this is meant to be a Thanksgiving Recipe meant for lots of people. Worked well for me!!



No comments:

Post a Comment