Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Philosophy Sweet Creamy Frosting Body Lotion


I was taking a break from Philosphy products, when I noticed my mom had TWO of these. She offered to give me one, and I took it. I don't say no to beauty products...ever!! Even though most Philosophy products I have tried have not worked well for me, I keep on trying them out hoping to figure out why everyone seems to love it.

Philosophy claims:
elt into sweet, creamy happiness. sweet creamy frosting body lotion melts onto skin to moisturize and leave it feeling silky soft. the formula contains macadamia seed and olive fruit oils, shea butter and antioxidants to help hydrate, soothe and soften skin. the lightweight formula absorbs quickly without feeling greasy, while the decadent scent of sweet creamy frosting lightly scents skin. it's the icing on the cake for your skin and your senses after the shower or bath.

Ok, so the packaging is average. I do love that they printed a recipe for frosting on the tube. I will definitely be testing that out soon...maybe on some strawberry cupcakes. 


So I'll start of with scent. It smells exactly like Betty Crocker or Duncan Hines vanilla frosting. With a hint of boozy eggnog. It's super sweet. I do like it. It just seems to make my mornings a little sweeter. It isn't really strong and you can only really smell it if you jam your nose to your skin. 

It's a very light lotion, sinks in quickly and is not greasy at all. It provides nice moisture but I don't think it moisturizes any better than most stuff you can buy in the drugstore. And it's definitely not for extra dry skin. I would say normal to dry.

The ingredients list is...well it's a lot of ingredients as most Philosophy products seem to have. Some are good...most are bad.

Ingredients:

Aqua/Water/Eau, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Isocetyl Stearoyl Stearate, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Parfum/Fragrance, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Tocopheryl Acetate, Stearic Acid, Tris(Tetramethylhydroxypiperidinol) Citrate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium Edta, Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Bht, Fd & C Yellow No. 5 (Ci 19140). 

I only recommend it if you love the scent of frosting. It's definitely not for everyone. Personally, I like it but it's not my favorite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment