Sunday, June 22, 2014

Anita Grant Unscented Babassu Amla Shampoo Bar


I love saying  that word: Babassu. Before I bought this I had no idea what it was! Now I know it's an oil that originates in Brazil and my hair really likes it. I love trying beauty products with exotic ingredients. Anyway, let's get on with the review.

Anita Grant claims:
Our Babassu Amla shampoo bar cleanses your tresses and clarifies your scalp without stripping the natural oil from your hair.
Free of artificial synthetics: No sodium dodecylsulfate (SDS), no sodium laureth sulfate (SLES), no sodium laurel sulfate (SLS), no methylisothiazolinone, no ammonium laureth sulphate (ALES), no cocomidopropyl betain or other nasties.
Vegetarian and Vegan Friendly.


So I'll start off with the look. It's a shampoo bar. I've only tried one before this which was a Lush one. This one looks so earthy and cool. It has black marbling throughout and is an off white beige looking color. Love the way it looks!!!

As for scent, I'm not a big fan. Unscented products have a scent to me. Theres no added scent so I'm pretty sure I'm just smelling the natural ingredients. I don't like it. It just smells weird. Some people might prefer that, but I think for the most part, scent is therapeutic for me when I wash my hair. And the "natural" scent just doesn't kick it for me.

I really like what this does for my hair though. It makes my hair feel clean, but not stripped. I was having problems with excessive hair fall when I shampooed (stupid Suave shampoo) and this cleared it right up! It lathers up nicely, rinses cleanly. It performs really well. 

I do feel like I need to shampoo more often though (2x a week instead of one!) but that could just be because I don't do the apple cider vinegar or baking soda thing. I did the first time, but every time after that I was just too lazy. 

The way I use it is to cut off a slice and rub it in until I get a good lather going. Easy Peasy.

The ingredients are excellent though! I think this may be the best shampoo ingredient list of any shampoo I have ever put in my hair.It's worth checking out the website and seeing what each ingredient does for the hair. 

Ingredients:
Aqua (Ashbeck mountain spring water), *Organic Babassu (Sodium babassuate), *Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Olea eurpaea), Refined Mango Butter (Mangifera indica), *Organic Castor Oil (Ricinus commonus), Amla/Indian Gooseberry Powder (Emblica officinalis (Amla) fruit) & Love!

Overall, I like it BUT I would probably go for a scented one next time. When I place another order I think I will get the Lavender Rose bar. I like my things scented. 


No comments:

Post a Comment