Sunday, June 8, 2014

Burt's Bees Honey & Grapeseed Hand Cream


I've tried one hand cream from Burt's Bees and was not a fan but the fact that they are mostly natural keeps me coming back for more.

Burt's Bees claims:

Help is on the way with this truly hydrating hand creme. Made with Honey, Jojoba Oil and Rosemary Extract, it’s specially designed to smooth and soften your super dry hands. 

• Daily therapy for dry hands
• Smoothes and softens skin with Honey, Jojoba Oil and Rosemary Extract
Read more at http://www.burtsbees.com/Honey-Grapeseed-Hand-Cream

I'll start iff with scent..it smells really natural. Like a honey and grapeseed scent. I don't particularly like it but it is an improvement over the last one I tried. The scent doesn't stick around long anyway so that shouldn't be a deciding factor in purchasing it.

The texture of it is different. It feels very "moist". It's kind of similar to the Shea Butter one that has been discontinued. 

As for performance....it's OK. It does feel sticky and takes a while to sink in...and it isn't long before I feel like I need to reapply. Especially in winter. 

The packaging is your standard tube. Not particularly cute.

The best thing about it is that it is 99% natural. Most of the ingredients I know exactly what they are...there are a few that elude me though. 

The price isn't bad considering the ingredients...it's listed at $10 but I paid $8. 

Ingredients:
water, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) butter, vitis vinifera (grape) seed oil, glycerin, beeswax, stearic acid, theobroma grandiflorum (cupuacu) seed butter, macadamia ternifolia (macadamia) seed oil, glucosefragrance, sodium borate, xanthan gum, sucrose stearate, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, honey, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, tocopherol, beta carotene, glucose oxidase, lactoperoxidase.
Overall, not my favorite. I don't see myself purchasing it again nor recommending it. Sorry Burt!

3 comments:

  1. I really want to try the Beeswax and Banana Hand Cream from Burts Bees! Have you tried it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom had a sampler pack and it had the almond and the banana one...they were ok from what I remember. Really greasy and they went rancid kinda quickly. It could have been just the sample. I still plan on trying it one day :) If you end up buying it will you do a review?

      Delete
    2. Ohhh right!!! I deff will if I end up buying one :-)

      Delete