Sunday, June 22, 2014

Keri Shea Butter Body Lotion


If you have read any previous post on this blog you will know I LOVE Shea Butter. If it has Shea in it, I want it. Apparently this brand has been around for 50 years, and to celebrate they are offering a $2 off coupon on the website. I like saving money, so I printed it off and used it. I paid around $3 for this lotion. Not bad!

Keri Lotion claims:
Keri® Shea Butter Conditioning Therapy combines essential moisturizers with natural, rich shea butter to deeply nourish and condition skin. It provides continuous moisturization so your skin looks and feels its best all day.

I was really disappointed with the scent. I thought that it would smell different from the original since it's a different lotion but it has the same scent. It's a fresh drugstore lotion scent. Kind of smells like Nivea Cream. I was hoping for another scent. Bummer.

As for moisturization, it's kinda sticky and takes a awhile to absorb. When it finally does, I don't feel my skin is really soft or moisturized. In fact it feels a tad rough. Weird.

As for packaging, it's nothing special. A white plastic bottle with a pump. 

Just like the original one, this one has awful ingredients. The third ingredient is Shea Butter, so that's a good thing but the rest are...unrecognizable not so great for you things. It does have Aloe and Sunflower Seed Oil but those are kind of low in the list.

Ingredients:
Water, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (shea butter), Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 40 Stearate, PEG 4 Dilaurate, Laureth 4, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Fragrance, Propylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E)

I've tried one other Shea Butter lotion from the drugstore which is the Dove one and I would recommend that one over this. It smells yummy and makes my skin super soft. If you have a little modem money The Body Shop one is good...has a nice scent and better ingredients. I just don't really like this lotion....

Have you tried it? Like it? Love it?


No comments:

Post a Comment