Wednesday, July 23, 2014

MAC 109 Brush



I've been quite the slacker when it comes to blogging. What can I say? I've been a busy girl. That hasn't stopped my obsession with ordering MAC brushes. Or with MAC. I'm always on that site. They come out with a new collection every two seconds. I don't order the collections-but I would if they would do a Katy Perry collection! Anyways, never mind my awesome ideas-let's talk about this brush.

MAC claims:
Use on the face to apply, blend or contour powder products. Softly rounded dome tip 
delivers just enough colour; smoothly blends colour into the face. Of natural fibres.


So this is my second brush made specifically for contouring. I have the Real Techniques contour brush (great for cream contour) and the MAC 168 which I haven't tested enough. A couple years ago this brush was the the rave for liquid foundation and although I would love to try it for that I just can't bring myself to do it.

Why? Well, this brush sheds. Probably one hair every two uses. And I feel like using it with liquid would accelerate that. So it's a no no for me.

I use it for contouring which it works great for. It picks up powder like a dream and blends it in great.

I love it for highlighting too with my mineralized skin finish. It works for applying powder under the eyes.  And sometimes I even use it for blush-very precise placement. It's pretty multipurpose. 

The actual brush is a lot smaller than I thought it would be but if fits into the little hollow of the cheek so well. 

Despite it's shedding issues-I still really love this brush and haven't seen anything that comes close in the drugstore. 

If you contour this might be a brush you should definitely look into. I just wish it was a little cheaper, $35 is quite expensive for ONE brush but I hear they will last forever if you take care of them-so we shall see. 



No comments:

Post a Comment