Sunday, August 31, 2014

New York Color Expert Last Lipstick in Peach Fizz


I pick up one of these just to try a new shade every now and again. The last time I was in the store looking for them I couldn't find them-until I realized they changed the packaging. And they did a great job. This packaging looks so much better than the old packaging.

New York Color claims:
Time for a COLOR SHOCK THERAPY!
The New NYC Expert Last Lipstick is moisturizing, comfortable and longwearing, it stays on up to 6 hours. Discover the wide range of shades developed to match your every mood and style! You’ll find perfect plummy shades standing alongside true reds, next to creamy peaches. There’s one here for every look, outfit and situation you could dream of.
The all-new Expert Last Lipstick . Who knew you could feel this way about a lipstick?

I keep buying these because of the price- who can beat $1.99 for a lip color? 


So like I said I am really digging the new packaging. I'm all for a little improvement. They seemed to have kept a lot of the same colors as the other line which is pretty cool. 

Another thing I noticed is they changed the scent on these. I used to really hate the chemical scent these had. The one I have is more fruity and doesn't seem to dry my lips as much. Go NYC. 

Anyway, I just grabbed the first color in the display an
d then when I was checking out I had second thoughts. It really didn't look like a color that could suit my skin tone. But I like a challenge so I took it home with me anyway.

The actual color is a super pale pink with a little peach in it. It has a metallic finish which I like because it makes some colors not as intimidating as they could be. 

This particular color is wearable for me-if I use it with lip liner. 

One thing I notice is it can go on a little streaky but smacking my lips together seems to help.

As for lasting power, I think they are average. But I can't complain too much because of the price. 

Overall I like it. It was good for trying a new shade that I otherwise would not have bought. I think it would suit women with pale skin the best though. 

2 comments: