Sunday, October 26, 2014

Aveeno Stress Relief Body Wash


If there is one thing I could use more of in my life-it's stress relief. Full time classes and working really kicks your butt! Which was the main reason I picked this up. 

Aveeno claims:
This soothing body wash has a calming effect to help you relax in the shower while cleansing and moisturizing, so your skin feels soft and smooth all day long. Its unique formula combines ACTIVE NATURALS® Colloidal Oatmeal—long known for its skin-soothing benefits—with scents of lavender, essential chamomile and ylang-ylang oils, which are known for their calming benefits. It's soap free and dye free so it's gentle enough to use on sensitive skin.


Right off the bat I can tell you I'm not a fan of lavender (unless it's mixed with vanilla) or chamomile. But I sometimes scents can mix and become magic. 

Unfortunately, this didn't for me.

I really don't like the scent. It smells-odd. I can't describe it any other way except it smells like old stuffy lavender thats been mixed with dust. I don't detect chamomile but I think it's because the lavender overpowers it. And I don't really know what Ylang Ylang smells like so I can't comment on that. The scent is not overpowering at all and I don't notice it lingering. I think it's a scent most people would enjoy though. 

But oddly enough- I think it does calm me, if a scent you don't enjoy CAN calm you.

It could be a placebo effect though.


As for moisturizing- I don't find it moisturizing and I don't find it drying. 

The actual cleanser is a cream/gel that lathers decently.

I just checked out the website and this is one of the formulas touted to have ground up oatmeal which is supposed to be really good for your skin. I don't notice any benefits but I do like the fact that it has oatmeal in it. Although not in a large quantity.

Some of the ingredients are good. Others not so good. Better than a lot of other body washes you find in the drugstore.

Ingredients:
Water, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Decyl Glucoside, Oat Kernel Flour (Avena Sativa), Glycol Stearate, Sodium Lauroampho PG Acetate Phosphate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, PEG 150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Trioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, PEG 6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Fragrance, Quaternium 15, May Contain (+/-):, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid


Its an OK product with a scent I'm not a fan of. I noticed it does come in a lotion form but I doubt I'll be rushing to try that out. 

Now back to my real stress relief- watching The Walking Dead! I just started Season 1 and am loving it so far. Can't believe I waited so long to watch it.


No comments:

Post a Comment