Monday, December 15, 2014

MAC 129 Brush



I'm on a roll with the blog posts.


Go me, go me, go me!

 Anyway, even though I have been on a roll with the posts lately, sometimes I get stuck because I have no idea what to review next. Then I remember all the brushes I bought and haven't done a review on. Usually it takes me awhile to figure out how I feel about a brush and by the time I do I just forget to do the review. This year was a good year for me as far as acquiring MAC brushes. I've definitely slowed down on them though because I need to purchase more actual makeup. I was starting to have more brushes and no makeup to test it with. Only me.

MAC claims:
All-purpose for blush or face powder. This brush is particularly good for blush application. The fibers are soft and form a full, rounded shape. M·A·C professional brushes are hand-sculpted and assembled using the finest quality materials. They feature wood handles and nickel-plated brass ferrule

So I'll just go ahead and get it out the way....I love this brush.

It applies the perfect amount of color and the fluffiness of it makes it perfect the blend the color out with. I get the perfect flush of color especially compared with the MAC 116 which is harder to blend out with (which I'm not a big fan of-it's OK). 

It's not extremely soft but it's not scratchy either. If you go too long without washing it, it CAN feel kinda scratchy.

Ecotools Blush Brush, MAC 129, MAC 116

Probably the best thing about this brush is that you can use it for more of a variety of purposes unlike the 116. The 129 can be used for powder, bronzer, and contour. It's a lot smaller than most powder brushes but for those that need more control or a smaller face it's perfect. 
 MAC 134, MAC 129. Elf Complexion Brush

Surprisingly, I really like it as a powder brush and all the other things I mentioned but I do think it excels most at blush.

As with all MAC brushes the quality and look are stellar. I love the black wooden handles and the silver ferrules. I'm sure I will have it for a long time. I've heard of MAC brushes lasting as long as 20 years if you take care of them. And they better because they aren't exactly cheap.

The price is pretty high at $35. There are plenty of other blush brushes out there that can do the job for a lot cheaper though so that is something to consider if you are thinking about picking it. I think the Ecotools blush brush gives a pretty similar effect but don't expect that brush to last more than a couple years. 


Overall, I love it. If you were thinking about pick it up it's definitely one to consider and one I think is worth the money.




No comments:

Post a Comment