Saturday, December 6, 2014

MAC Rihanna Viva Glam 2 + Possible Dupe


I have always wanted a Viva Glam lipstick. I love it when companies have products where they donate proceeds to a (great) cause. I think that is amazing-and if you want to learn more about the campaign click here.  

So purchasing a Viva Glam Lipstick already makes you feel great about buying it.

When I first saw this color I thought it looked amazing in the promo pic. Rihanna is ROCKING that green hair and that lipstick. But when I saw swatches it looked like it might be a little too...light grey/beige. But the more I looked the more I wanted it...mostly because it was so unique and the packaging is so pretty.

One day I was minding my own business when I saw the little gift set pop up on Nordie's (Nordstrom). I wish they did the set with the gloss and the lipstick but they paired it with Rihanna Viva Glam 1 instead. Oddly enough it was the bag that sold me. I really wanted the bag.  Which to be honest-it feels kinda cheap but still looks nice. 

So I ordered it. 

When I got it...I didn't waste any time putting it on. Thought it was..... interesting. Then my mom saw it...and she was like EWWWWWW...That's ugly. No lie. Ten minutes later she said "Well,it looks kinda nice on you." Now for my mom that's saying a lot, she basically only likes the same shade of red/burgundy and buys it over and over again in different brands. 

So I've tried it on a couple times and now I LOVE it. 

One of the reasons I held off on buying it was because I thought I had a similar color in my Black Radiance gloss in Blackberry Ice. Which is a gorgeous color at a bargain price- less than three dollars.

I took a swatch and they are pretty different honestly, BUT it's the closest I could find in the drugstore.


It is kind of similar-but Black Radiance is more purple, more shimmer, and in my opinion is a little less intimidating to wear. 

I actually ordered the gloss and am waiting on it to come in (more money to a great cause!).

So I took a few pics. The first one I have on is Rihanna Viva Glam 2.


And here is Blackberry Ice.


Excuse the dark circles under my eyes. I haven't been sleeping too well!

The only thing is I had a hard time figuring out what to do with the rest of my face. I couldn't pick a blush so I loaded up on bronzer and on my eyes I used my Naked Palette (Hustle,Creep, and Naked).

Can't wait to get my gloss!

So what do you think? Is this a shade you would rock or not?





No comments:

Post a Comment