Thursday, December 4, 2014

Bath & Body Works Velvet Tuberose Body Cream


Sephora gave me a $15 off reward card. Just when I really don't need to order anything else because....I've bought quite a few gifts for myself for Christmas. But I'm going to use it, because I don't have any self control. Sephora knows what they are doing. Anyone have ideas on what I should get? I had my heart set on the OCC lip tar in technopagan. It's a crazy beautiful blue/purple shade. And I promise I would wear it in public. I desperately want to try it. But they are out of stock. Bummer. I'll find something though.

Anyway, on to the topic at hand. Body Cream. Which I desperately need to use more of. I have had the driest cracking skin since I've moved back to the states. I used to be able to get away with not using lotion occasionally. Not any more.Of course, I left my moisturizer because when you move you only have room for so much -although I did manage to fit all my makeup/brushes in my carry on (the security screener must have thought I was bonkers. So I raided cabinets and found this. 

Bath and Body Works claims:
Night blooming white tuberose, diamond orchids, and seductive cashmere musk caress the skin like velvet,. Elegant, Rare, Glamourous. 

So...let's start with scent. This lotion seems very familiar to me, although I don't think I've ever had it before. It's floral, very very floral. In fact, way too floral for me. It reminds me of something an old lady would love. Kind of similar to the Moringa line from The Body Shop. I'm not a fan. Glad I got it for freeeeeeeeeee.



As for moisturization...it's aight. Goes on nice, great texture, absorbs reasonable quick. But it's just average. I don't find it to last particularly long or do a great job on dry areas.

But I have been having super dry skin lately so take that into account too.

Packaging is ....bleh. Typical tube with white flowers on it. It works.

As always, Bath and Body works never impressed me with ingredients. They always have ton of ingredients and MOST are things I can't even pronounce. It has a couple good things in it though.

Ingredients:
Water, Mineral Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Parfum, Avocado Oil, Sweet Almond Oil,  Honey Extract, Lemon Extract, Hops Extract, Pine Cone Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Aloe Juice, Calendula Flower Extract,  Bromelain, Papain, Acetylated Lanolin, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Disodium EDTA, Cetyl Alchohol,  Treithanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyle Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Cinnamyl Alchohol, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyctronellal, Linalool, Yellow

There are much better scents from Bath and Body Works. My advice-skip it unless your an old lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment