Saturday, December 27, 2014

Mizani Thermasmooth Shampoo and Conditioner


I hope you all had an amazing Christmas! Mine was pretty great. Now I'm just relaxing, listening to some music, and getting a little blogging done. I was checking out the sales but haven't found anything I really want. Lush UK sold out of everything I wanted, I snagged everything I already waned from The Body Shop, and i just don't feel like shopping for clothes. Maybe some more loose teas since it's my new obsession. Anyway, time to review my latest Shampoo and Conditioner. I've tried a couple Mizani products and can't say I have been particularly impressed. It's just an OK brand for me (except for this one deep conditioner I tried). And this didn't change my mind.


Mizani Shampoo claims:
A creamy, conditioning shampoo that thoroughly cleanses the hair in preparation for the smoothing process. The advance C3 smoothing Complex deposits pure,nourishing coconut oil to help moisturize and detangle dry and brittle hair.
C3 Smoothing Complex Technology
Coconut Oil, Ceramides, Cationic Polymers
• Conditions
• Protects against thermal stress
• Repels humidity 

Mizani Conditioner claims:
A luxurious, cream conditioner that softens and smoothes the hair cuticle for optimal manageability and shine prior to thermal styling. The advance C3 Smoothing Complex reinforces with inner cellular fortifying ceramide to help preserve elasticity and protect hair from thermal styling damage. 

I basically bought this on a recommendation of a friend for straightening my hair. And I intended on trying it for that but my blowdryer broker. So I didn't get the opportunity to test it that way. I figured since it's smoothing it would be good for natural hair too as my hair can get quite frizzy.

I'll start off with the scent. Smells really nice. Like a product they would use to wash and condition your hair in the salon. I love the scent but don't really find it to linger unless I let the conditioner set for awhile.

The shampoo lather is lacking but they always say you don't need a bunch of lather to obtain clean hair. I do prefer more lather because then I tend to use less. This I use quite a lot and since it's not cheap, it ends up being pricier than it already is. 

The first couple of times I really like the shampoo for how smooth it felt. But as time went on I found this stuff was extremely coating on my hair. My hair is less defined and just feels as though there is a lot of product build up. Not the perfect foundation for adding more curl defining product on top of. So while I like how it feels when it's rinsed, I hate the final results.

The conditioner has the same pleasant scent as the shampoo and much like the shampoo had basically the same effects. Everything felt smooth at first but gradually I experienced a bunch of build up that I'm not loving. 

As far as detangling it does a decent job. I can comb through and get most the tangles out,which is good, so I don't have to use a separate detangling conditioner. 

As I have continued using the set and experienced more and more build up and product coated hair, I have experienced more tangles and more hair falling out like when I was using the Suave. 

I almost forgot to talk packaging. It's your basic Mizani brown bottle packaging. Nothing too terribly exciting. Make sure to recycle the packaging!!

I paid a little over $20 for the set.

Shampoo Ingredients:
Aqua/Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Glycol Distearate Glycerin, Cocamide MIPA, Parfum/Fragrance, Polyquaternium-10, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Cocos Nucifera/Coconut Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Isopropanolamine, Benzyl Salicylate, 2-Oleamido-1, 3-Octadecanediol.

Conditioner:
Aqua/Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Amodimethicone, Parfum/Fragrance, Polyquaternium-10 Methylparaben, Cocos Nucifera/Coconut Oil, Trideceth-12, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Benzyl Salicylate, Cetrimonium Chloride, 2-Oleamido-1, 3-Octadecanediol

This is one I won't be purchasing or recommending especially if you have natural hair. It will probably work differently for straightening, especially if you only use it every once in awhile since I just realized that's what it's truly meant for. 

Have you tried it? How did you like it?




No comments:

Post a Comment