Tuesday, December 23, 2014

New York Color Dual Pencil Sharpener


Sorry it's so dirty...I hate cleaning Sharpeners and I've had it for years and never took before photos. This gives a better idea of what it will look like after a couple uses anyway.

Before I  share this post...I just want to share an experience I had yesterday. I went to the Concord Mills mall in Charlotte yesterday to do a little shopping. Well, window shopping. And we went into a very interesting store called The Pepper Palace. I am one of those people that love to sample almost anything and they have an abundance of things to sample. I tried most of the stuff and we were about to leave when I saw a sample of hot sauce. I didn't read anything about it, only noticed you needed to be over 18 to sample it and you also had to sign a waiver. That should have been a big clue and for anyone else it would have been but...not for me. I grabbed a chip, dunked it in, then ran out the store to catch up with my family.

 First I thought "Ok, thats pretty hot.." Then the next two minutes the heat multiplied every second until I doubled over unable to stand up straight and tears started streaming down my face. I felt like I was going to DIE. My face was hot. All the sudden I felt hopeless, like I couldn't make it through. So many emotions. From HOT SAUCE.  Turns out what I tried was the hottest sauce on the planet. What an experience and never again. I've even read some people have passed out and they had to call an ambulance for one person trying the sauce because he felt like he was having a heart attack.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. Pencil Sharpeners.

NYC claims:
The perfect tool for sharpening all your NYC pencils. It’s two sharpeners in one, for a fine point of your choice. The price tag is pretty fine too.

Thinking back, I haven't been very impressed with most NYC stuff. And this falls right in line with the way I feel about most of the products. I bought this because it was cheap. You really can't go wrong with a 99 cent sharpener...Or can you?

Yes, you can!

This would have been a bargain had it worked. To it's credit, it doesn't claim to work with non NYC branded pencils. I found it eating up my pencils. Every single brand I tried it with. Except Fashion Fair.  You sharpen a bit, then you get an OK point....and it breaks off into the sharpener. So you repeat the process three more times and then you get something workable. 

So like I said, it doesn't work with other brands of pencils and I can deal with that. What I can't deal with is the fact it doesn't work with it's own brand. 

Mega frustrating.

For some reason I have two of these. I think because this was the only brand available to me.

I advise skipping it. Invest your money in something more worthwhile and you will save your pencils which will probably save you money and time in the long run.

How do you sharpen your pencils? Any sharpeners you would recommend?




No comments:

Post a Comment