Saturday, December 20, 2014

Victoria's Secret Passion Struck Body Wash


I don't think I've ever used a Victoria's Secret Shower Gel. Or at least not that I can remember. I was obsessed with the brand in high school and middle school but would only buy the body creams. Until Love spell came out. Every girl in high school had that scent. It was sprayed profusely after gym class and was always present in the hallway. At first I thought it was nice because it was so strong but it wasn't long before I was sick of it. And for some reason I always had at least a bottle of the spray or lotion that I was trying to pass on to someone else. For some reason the nauseating scent of Love Spell drove me away from even checking out the Victoria Secret scents for the last couple of years.

And I still wouldn't have checked them out except a friend of mine gave me a gift set with the shower gel, the lotion, and the spray. I'm so glad she did because I'm pretty impressed with the gel. Thanks girl!!

Victoria's Secret Claims:
Ignite passion and intensity with this new scented body wash that gently cleanses the skin and leaves an addictive, alluring scent. The foaming formula pampers the skin with conditioning Aloe Vera and antioxidant vitamin E while caressing it with a sultry blend of Fuji apple and vanilla orchid.

The scent is very perfumy and really strong-in a good way. I've used a couple of Bath and Body Works scents and I much prefer the strength of this in comparison. 

I find the scent does linger a little bit. And if you want the scent to linger more layering would be advisable. If not you could put on a different perfume and be just fine.

The dominant scent is apple and vanilla. I can pick out each scent. The apple smells nice and crisp and juicy and the vanilla smells sensual and rich. Beyond that I can't pick anything else out but I'm not very good at that any way. 

It's your typical gel formula and surprisingly it doesn't dry my skin out and the lather is nice.

Packaging is average. You get a regular plastic bottle. I have the smaller bottle that has 4.2 ounces the normal size is nearly double for $14 dollars but they usually have sales so you can definitely get it for a better price if you wait it out.

Of course the ingredients aren't so great. And I really wish they would put them on the website so I wouldn't have to type them out. Ugh.

Ingredients:
Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Parfum, Glycerin, Salt, Tetrasodium EDTA, Benzophene 1, Citric Acid, Aloe Juice, Vitamin E, Methylchlorisothiazolinone, Methylsothiazolinone, butylpheryl Methypropional, Courmarin, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Red, Yellow


Overall I really like it and I would recommend it especially if you like rich fruity scents. It's not bad at all, in fact I want to sniff their other products now!

It kind of reminded me of some of the scents I used to use back in high school. I loved Strawberries and Champaign, Endless Love, and Secret Charm! And it looks like they still have them. I'm definitely sniffing them next time I visit the store for old time's sake!

No comments:

Post a Comment