Friday, December 19, 2014

Too Faced Brow Envy Eyebrow Kit


Confession: I suck at doing my brows. I can't tweeze them...and I can't draw a nice shape on them to save my life. Unless they have already been shaped by someone else.

I'm basically a slave to threading/waxing.

So I bought this kit hoping it would change things. The instructions looked simple enough.

Sadly, I can't say that it has. 

I watched a ton of reviews before I bought it and most of the reviews seemed to give it a good rating. 

Two Faced Claims:
This portable kit is like a brow bar in your pocket: professional tweezers, easy-to-use stencils to customize your brow shape, conditioning wax, powder & brow brush tools.

The packaging has changed from what it used to be. It actually looks a lot sturdier than it used to be. The tin packaging is a little more durable and less bulky, being that it is tin and not made of cardboard.. But when they changed the packaging, they took the eye pencil out which I think they should have kept because from the vids it looked like it added a lot of extra definition in the shaping of the brows. 

Another thing they took out which I think would have come in handy was the drawer which would have been a nice place to keep the little booklet and the stencils...which I lost all of them except one because they kept falling out.


So like I said, the packaging is cute...it's easily portable (although I've seen much smaller ones), it's durable, and it's cute. You get a mirror, which is always nice, and a little instruction booklet.

I'll start off talking about the stencils which I was most excited for. I thought I could easily shape my brows using them but they are wWAY too large for my eyebrow shape. It would make it look like I had Lil' Kim eyebrows(I exaggerate...just a little).  I just didn't find them helpful. And then I lost all but one of them because they always fell out when I opened the palette and they are basically clear...so I have no idea where they are. 


So moving on...to the wax. The wax is OK. But if you put too much on it can look really really shiny. And shiny brows are just weird.

As for the highlight cream (to powder) , it's not universal. It doesn't fit all skin tones. I really have to blend it in to make it decent and then while it appears decent in person, it looks like an ashy mess in photos. Not impressed with that at all.

There are two brows powders..a blonde and a brunette. It definitely doesn't cover everyone. The brow powder is decent but I like MAC Eyeshadows better because they just go on better. This doesn't create a defining line no matter what brush I use. I think that's because they are so dry. And the color...not matter what I do, I can't get the color to look right on me. I suspect it may be because the colors are too cool for my warm complexion. And I've tried mixing but no dice.

I either get a really harsh looking color or a grayish looking brow. Me no likey. 

I almost forgot about the tools.

I heard through a couple of reviews that the tweezers were really good. Errr...not really. They are very firm which hurts my fingers a tad when I use them. And they don't grab onto stray hairs that easily. 

It also comes with a mini brow brush and angled brush for applying the wax and the powder. It's OK to use, but I won't be replacing my MAC 266 with it anytime soon. The brow brush is nice. I can't really complain about them too much.

Overall, I don't really like it. I can't really name one thing in the kit that I actually do like. Maybe they should make a more universal kit....I find when Too Faced makes palettes, most times they aren't brown girl friendly and this is no different. 

I still suck at doing my brows. I wish I had kept the receipt so I could bring it back and get my FORTY dollars back but it's been too long.

Here's a picture...it doesn't photo nice on me at all. It looks like I haven't done anything. But in person the color is just plain off.


No comments:

Post a Comment