Sunday, December 7, 2014

Revlon ColorStay Liquid Liner in Blackest Black



It's almost the end of the year and I'm so excited. It's the holidays AND I get to look back over all the things I've bought this year and do a list of my faves and my not so faves. I think those are my favorite blog posts to do actually. But anyway, we are here to talk eyeliner today. Eyeliner is my favorite part to watch other people do, but on myself-not so much. Most times I skip eyeliner all together. I don't have the patience because I'm always in a rush to get out the door. As a result I haven't tried many and I could use some practice when it comes to application. 

I bought this because I was a cat oner halloween and needed some liquid to do my whiskers. And the gel eyeliner I had wasn't up to the task.

Revlon claims:

Elegant, sexy, and sophisticated, Revlon® ColorStay™ Liquid Liner allows you to emphasize your eyes with precision. Glides on effortlessly for a thin or thick line, dries quickly, and lasts all day long.

Ok, so I've only had one other liquid liner (or two) so I don't have much to compare it to. I had the Wet N Wild H2O Proof before and I HATED that so it sort of put me off liquid liner. Hence I tried a gel.

But my gel liner finally dried up so instead of running out to buy something different I figured I would use this one up (since it was just collecting dust anyway). 

So I'll start with the finish. It goes on kinda glossy but dries to a matte finish. It's pretty black...but not black enough for me. I want black black liner. And this black just doesn't cut it.

The container is nice. I find it really comfortable to hold but there was definitely a learning curve trying to work with the stiff felt tip. I think I need a tip with a little more give because one thing I notice when applying is because the tip is so stiff it kind of removes product as you are putting it on. I apply a little less pressure and that seems to help a little.

Another thing I want to mention- it's not easy to make a thin line with it. The tip is too big for that, in my opinion. 


As for wear, it does OK. It doesn't disappear on me. Seems to still be there at the end of the day...so that's good. And I never have a problem removing it at the end of the day. 

Overall, it's better than the Wet N Wild One but I think it's just average. I picked it up because I think the ColorStay Foundation is absolutely amazing but this liner just falls a bit short for me. I also thing it's a little outdated too. I'm not sure how long it's been out but they have since come out with so many other liners. 

In other news:


I finally tried an Urban Decay sample I've had for awhile. It was the Urban Decay flushed palette. Who new you could actually sample powder and it works. My brush picks up the product perfectly-but this palette sucks for my skin tone. The blush barely shows up, highlight sucks, and the bronzer is more a setting powder on me. Not brown girl friendly at all. 





No comments:

Post a Comment