Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Shea Moisture Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner


This product reminds me of the very first natural hair tutorials I ever watched on youtube. Before I was even all natural I spent hours watching tutorials and added any product I saw used onto my wish list. 

I would have tried this sooner but it's not very easy to find. I had seen it on a couple of websites but I don't like to place online orders for hair products regularly. I try to try more things that are more readily available. Since I was ordering a bunch of Shea Butters anyway and needed to add some stuff to the cart to reach the minimum for free shipping I added this. I got a pretty good discount on it so I can't complain about the price. 

Shea Moisture claims:
Shea Moisture Leave-In Conditioner with Pro-Vitamin B 5 Complex is essential in protecting all types of hair from stretching and breakage during combing. As you work in this supple leave-in conditioner its detangling agents naturally separate wet hair as the shea butter immediately restores vital moisture and the vitamins strengthen each hair shaft.


Ok, so I'll start off with scent. This smells exactly like a pink medicine we used to keep in the refrigerator when I was a little girl. I don't think it was pepto bismol but something specifically for kids. I did a bit of googling and this is what I came up with.

 It brought back a lot of memories but not necessarily good memories.  So it's safe to say I can do without the scent. Luckily it doesn't stick around.

The actual texture reminds me of the Shea Moisture pudding that comes in a tub or even the Cantu Shea Butter leave in I used years ago.  Those products come in a tub and this one should too. It's super thick and takes quite a bit of effort to get out of the bottle. 

It doesn't really work for me in particular because I do a lot of wash and go's and this goes on white and takes forever to dry. On top of that it doesn't provide much moisture and the curls could be more defined. 

I almost forgot, my hair takes on a sort of dull look when I use it too. Of course I could add something to add a little shine but....I would rather not have it dull in the first place.

As you can tell I'm pretty underwhelmed by it.

Except for the ingredients which are pretty amazing. Especially at it's price point. There's only one questionable ingredient. And Shea Butter is the first ingredient-even before water.

Ingredients:
Shea Butter, Deionized Water, Herbal Complex, Panthenol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Cocoa Butter, Aloe Vera, Jojoba Oil, Vitamin E.


Overall, I like the company, love the ingredients, but I just couldn't get it to work for my hair. I do think it's worth a try though and although I personally wouldn't buy it again I would recommend it to someone else.

I ordered mine from afrikanrepublic.com but I've noticed a lot of other stores carry it at much lower prices so I would say shop around.

No comments:

Post a Comment