Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Bliss Mammoth Minty Scrub Soap


The Bliss packaging calls out to me. I love the name of the products, the blue packaging- but I have only tried one of their products. They are not cheap. The good news is sometimes you can find them at places like TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and Ross's for decent prices. I bought this $20 soap for $8. Not a bad deal. And the soap is large weighing in at a little over 11 ounces. (Note: If you like the Body Butters I've seen a ton in multiple TJ Maxx stores lately)

Bliss claims:


Scrub away dry skin with mammoth minty scrub soap®, from blisslabs®. One side of the minty-scented bar has exfoliating feet to wash away dull, dead skin. Key ingredients are 3% pure peppermint oil, exfoliating jojoba beads, and a hard-milled vegetable-oil base. 11.1-ounce bar.


 I have never been a big fan of mint scented things in the bath/shower. I want to like them, but I just prefer other scents more.

That said, this scent is pretty nice. Definitely one of the better scented mint things I have tried. While I'm not a big fan of the mint scent, I do appreciate it's ability to make you feel extra clean especially in the summer or after working out. This particular soap has menthol in it so you will feel a nice tingle and super refreshed once you are out the shower. I can dig it.

I knew this soap was large when I bought it, but I didn't realize just how large until I went to shower with it. It's definitely harder to hold but I made sure to be extra careful so as not to drop it. I find it melts down pretty quickly though so the size won't be an issue for too long (even though they claim it was "hard-milled). 

The design of the soap has massaging nubs on it....but I find that those wore down after three showers. 

Not very helpful.

This soap is a two in one. It has little nubs in it that turn it into an exfoliating soap. I like a good scrub every now and then but I was not impressed with this one. My skin doesn't feel any smoother and it can be a little scratchy if you're skin is sensitive.

As for the lather...it's very nice. Bubbles up quickly and rinses clean. But after a shower my skin is dry, dry, dry and I found dry patches in places I've never had dry patches before. Lotion was a must but even after applying I could tell my skin was much drier than usual. 

Ingredients:
Sodium Palmitate, Sodium Palm Kernelate (Palm Kernel Oil), Water (aqua), Glycerin, Fragrance (parfum), Sodium Chloride, Menthol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) (jojoba seed wax), Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Citral, Tetrasodium EDTA, Limonene, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarine Blue Violet (CI 77007)

Overall, I wasn't very impressed. Not something I would go out of my way to purchase. I liked the Big Blue bar better. But if you love mint scents in the shower and have oily skin, this may be perfect for you. 

Random: Since I'm on a mint kick I finally opened up my Teavana White Chocolate Peppermint Roobios tea. I thought it would be amazing since I had read a lot of positive reviews. I'm not a big fan. Oh well, least I tried it. 

Anyway, I'm minted out.



No comments:

Post a Comment