Monday, January 12, 2015

Makeup Memory Lane

I thought it would be fun to talk about how my makeup/nail/everything beauty obsession started. So I figured I would go ahead a do it.

But first...let me just mention I made my first tea latte today. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Why have I never had one of these? I'm not into Starbucks. I've had like two drinks from them...and they were both meh. The Caramel Macchiato and the Strawberries and Cream Frappaccino (tastes like Nestle Strawberry Milk..yuck). This beats both of those. It's a Pumpkin Spice Brûlée Latte made with Teavana Tea. Heaven. So I'll be blissfully sipping this...writing this post.


My earliest memory of nail polish has to be when I was around four years old. Somehow I had gotten my hands on a bottle of pink nail polish. But I didn't use it to paint my nails. Nope, not me. I used it to paint my bed pink. I had always wanted a pink bed...and in my four year old mind, that was how I was going to get one. I didn't get very far (but far enough), when I had gotten caught. Boy, was I in trouble. Wish I had pictures. I was a little go getter. 

The next memory I have was when I was around six. I used to go to JC Penny with my mom. They had this little tinker belle set that I remember begging for. And my mom got it! I was sooo happy. I don't remember much about the set, except the perfume. I don't remember what I thought at the time, but I kept that bottle for years and years and still remember the scent. It stank! It was horrible. But it was my first perfume!

My first bottle of nail polish that I bought was from a Beauty Supply Store in Jersey when I was around the fourth grade. I chose...white. And I used to hate wearing it because I could never get it smooth. So it just sat there. 

I had various kids press on nails. Waste of time and money. They never stayed on more than ten minutes, if that. I learned my lesson quickly with those. I soon graduated to various bottle of Wet N Wild Nail polishes. I always seemed to have the blue shade for some reason. And lots of glitter top coats which I didn't know was used as a TOP coat. So I always used them alone and wondered why they looked so sheer and ugly. Haha.

I almost completely forgot about my obsession with Lip Smackers. That started...maybe around kindergarten or first grade? I wanted them all. I had a couple different ones which I always piled on my lips every two minutes. Most of them would end up lost in my toy box. Poor lip Smackers. I eventually graduated to the Lip Smacker lipsticks. And I had a lip smacker scented nail polish too- I still remember what it smelled like!

My first brand of makeup was Jane. I had a dark blue polish, a frosty lilac eyeshadow (had no idea how to use it), and the berry lipstick that smelled like grapes. 

I owned body glitter, a crimper, and scrunchies too! Every now and then I was lucky to get some Bath and Body Works products. The packaging was so different to what it was now and I wish they would go back to it for old times sake. Just on a couple products.


What do you remember using? What were your favorite products? 

Now it's about time for me to go make another latte. I'm looking sadly at the bottom of my glass. 




No comments:

Post a Comment