Friday, January 16, 2015

The Body Shop Glazed Apple Body Butter


I woke up this morning with a pimple on my face. After my skin has been doing so well. Drinking at least a half gallon of water a day has really been great for my skin...I swear my face is glowing. Well at least I hope it is and it's not just my imagination. 

Anyway, it's been forever since I've used a body butter. When I noticed the holiday butters on sale for five dollars, I had to snap it up. You cannot beat five dollars with a stick, especially when the retail price is $20. If your patient you can often catch a sale. 

The Body Shop claims:
This mouth-watering Body Butter is a rich and delicious-smelling festive treat for softly-sweet skin. It contains Community Fair Trade shea butter. 

So I'll start with the scent. To be honest, it doesn't smell very wintery to me. It smells like tart green apples, sweet apples, and candy apples all at the same time. More of a summer scent and also not the most sophisticated scent of all time, but if you enjoy sugary candy apple scents- you would probably like it. I like the scent just fine, but it's probably not something I would buy again. There are other scents by The Body Shop that I like more.

It scents the rooms when you use it. You can smell it on yourself for a little while after-maybe one to three hours.  Most body butter's aren't going to last any longer than that. 

The packaging is the standard for a Body Shop butter. It's a pretty green tub (the most Christmas-y thing about it). Some people don't like dipping their hands in it....I don't mind. I only stick clean hands in it anyway. And it goes on my body anyway-not my eyes or my mouth. 

It says it's best for normal skin. At the moment I would classify my skin as normal. It's a nice thick texture-from what I remember it kind of reminds me of the Blueberry one. It works decently to moisturize my skin everywhere except for my legs. They just don't feel as moisturized/soft as they can be. I'm not sure why but that has happened to me with a couple body butters.

Ingredients:
Aqua/Water/Eau (Solvent), Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (Emollient), Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil/Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifying Agent), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifying Agent), PEG-100 Stearate (Emulsifying Agent), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (Emollient), Ethylhexyl Palmitate (Emollient), Glycine Soja Oil/Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (Emollient), Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire d’abeille (Emulsifier), Dimethicone (Emollient), Pyrus Malus Seed Oil/Pyrus Malus (Apple) Seed Oil (Emollient), Sucrose (Humectant), Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter/Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter (Emollient), Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil (Emollient), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), CI 19140/Yellow 5 (Colorant), CI 42090/Blue 1 (Colorant).


The ingredients are not all natural- but it does have some pretty good stuff in it. I love that some of the ingredients are fair trade. Makes it something you feel a little bit better about buying.

Overall, it's decent. But it's not something I would buy again because it didn't work that well with my skin and the apple scent didn't rock my socks. But if you like tart/sweet apple scents (and you find it on sale) it might be worth trying.


No comments:

Post a Comment