Sunday, January 18, 2015

TJ Maxx Soap Haul

I have always been intrigued by the soap aisle in discount stores but never bought anything. I love sniffing them all and always wanted to try them-but they were just never brands that I recognized. I started thinking about how I love bar soaps (more than gels/creams) and how I wanted to try more of them. Especially fancy ones.

So a couple weeks ago I found a Bliss Mint one for about eight dollars. I HAD to get it. I've had one other Bliss soap and really enjoyed using it so I figured I can't really go wrong with this one.


That had me thinking more and more about all the fancy (but reasonably priced) soaps. I started googling and apparently some people have found some really nice soaps in those stores. So I figured I would try my luck.

I heard the best soaps are made in France but I didn't find many that intrigued me so I'll search again on another trip to see what I come up with.

I did find this one that was made in Scotland. It comes in a little tin which is super nice and it smells pretty good. I can't wait to use it!!

Next is a Pistachio and Goats Milk soap. I have no idea what brand it is because I don't see it listed on the box. I've never had a soap with pistachio nor goat's milk so I figured I'd better try it. It reminds me of a Lush soap I had before. Maybe Lush Sultana-just a little.

The next one is an almond soap by Alchimia that was handmade in Italy (supposedly). I love Almond scented things and just couldn't resist this. The packaging is super cute. I can't wait to open it and see what it looks like.

And last but not least a Plantlike soap. It looks so nice. Like the soaps off Etsy. Which I plan on trying someday! This particular one is Orange and Vanilla and smells heavenly. I can't wait to use it!


And that's it!! I paid around four bucks for each. 

Not bad. I can't wait to go back and see what else I can find.






No comments:

Post a Comment