Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Alchimia Almond Vegetable Soap


I am in full body muscle plain. That's what a good workout will do for you. I hate being sore...and I love it at the same time. It means my body is rebuilding back stronger. The only thing that helps is a hot shower or a warm bath.Other than that I just have to stick it out.

Anyway, I don't know why I'm rambling on about my muscles. This is a soap review. 

Alchimia claims:
This soap bar has a lovely combination of floral & fruit. This limited edition natural vegetable based handmade moisturising soap from Italy makes a great gift or perfect for your own personal treat.

The packaging is pretty cute. A nice thick paper with newspaper clippings on them adorned by a little lady bug (handprinted). The only thing about the paper is you have no idea what the soap looks like inside until you rip into the paper.

Which is what I did.

The soap does not look terrible exciting. It's just a big white bar. It kind of reminds me of the little bar the dwarfs in Snow White used to get cleaned up. That scene runs through my mind every time I use it. Dopey was always my favorite by the way.

As for scent...The Body Shop Almond scent has set the standard I judge all almond scents by. This doesn't measure up unfortunately. It does smell like Almond...but it has a candy type smell to it. And the other scent I pick up is lemon dish detergent. I'm not a big fan of that combination. It's too bad because I really wanted to love it.

The scent isn't strong enough to scent the bathroom or my skin though. It pretty much disappears as soon as I step out the shower.

As for lather...it's pretty good. Bubbles everywhere! 

The good news is- it doesn't dry my skin although my skin appears kind of ashy. Also my skin is pretty soft after even if I skip lotion.

As for it's claim of being handmade- I have my doubts. It certainly doesn't look any handmade bar I've ever seen.

Ingredients:
Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Water, Parfum, Sodium Chloride, Glycerin, Tetrasodium Fitrodronatetetresodium, EDTA

It claims to be a vegetable soap...but I don't really see any vegetable oils....

I paid $4.99 for this at TJ MAXX and they often have this brand in many different scents. I'm not sure I would try this brand again though. It was just OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment