Sunday, March 8, 2015

Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara


I was saving this review for when I got my eyebrows done. And I've had them done. And they look....Ok. I had them threaded. Usually threading hurts-for some reason it hurt more than it ever has. I had mascara running everywhere because my eyes kept tearing up. And usually when I get them threaded I don't break out. I just figure it's more sanitary than using a stick and dipping it into the wax they use on everyone else. I always got nasty breakout when I was waxing. For now, I'm puzzled as to why I have bumps all over my face from threading. I've had my brows threaded a million times and never once had bumps.

But anyway..on to the review.

Smashbox claims:
Inspired by the on-set technique of layering a lengthening fiber mascara over a volumizing formula, 
our new studio-tested mascara exposes your longest, fullest lashes. No clumps, no flakes. Just maximum-impact, scene-stealing lashes.



    • 104% increase in lash volume

    • 32% increase in lash length
    • 34-degree increase in lash curl



This mascara is not cheap ringing in at $19. But I wanted to try a Smashbox mascara and this one sounded pretty good.

I like the packaging. It definitely feels more high end than what you get in a drugstore but you can only do some much with mascara packaging. So while it's nice I don't think it's anything that special.

The brush is HUGE. It's natural bristles- which I prefer. While in theory I love huge brushes (psychologically I always think they will give me bigger lashes than tiny brushes) I always hate them in practice. I always smear some on my lash line. And I'm not the type of girl to clean it off. Most people don't notice anyway unless they are too close. 


As for the formula, I wouldn't say it's particularly wet or dry. Somewhere right in between. I prefer the drier formula's myself.

What I don't like about it is that it takes quite a few swipes to make it do anything to my lashes. I prefer the mascaras that build big lashes without all the work. This one I swipe and swipe and eventually I get some length. Not a ton of volume. It looks decent but my lashes have definitely looked better. 

I don't notice smudging or flaking throughout the day. It pretty much stays looking the same way it did when I put it on. But I've never had much problems with ANY mascara flaking.

Overall, it's decent. I wouldn't pay $19 for it though. There are mascaras I prefer over this one for the money....like Makeup Forever Smoky Lash or L'oreal Voluminous.


UPDATE: As this has been drying out more and more over the past couple months it has been working so much better. It adds more volume and length and I'm really starting to like it. I just wish it was like that when I first opened the tube.


Random:
Opened up my Teavana Caramel Almond Amaeretti . This tea is naturally sweet which is nice. I can drink it without adding anything to it. As for flavor-tastes nothing like the name implies. It tastes like yeast cinnamon dough. It's kind of strange. It's drinkable but again- probably wouldn't buy it again. Plus I suspect much of the flavor comes from artificial flavoring. There is no caramel and no almond whatsoever in it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment