Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Nars #42 Blending Eyeshadow Brush


I have quite a few brushes that I need to review but I like to really use them for awhile before I write a review on them. This one I've had for quite some time and I think it's time I did a review. In total I have five NARS brushes, this is one of the new designs that I have.

NARS claims:
Ideal for applying high-shimmer shadows and blending effortlessly for a soft-focus effect. The softer, longer hair design is perfect for a final sweep across the eye, blending and diffusing shades seamlessly.

I love a good blending brush and this makes the third one in my collection. I don't think I'll be buying anymore for quite awhile. I have the 217 (which is a must-perfect multi-tasker!), and the 224 (which I hate because it's pretty scratchy). I bought this to replace my 224 -even though I still use it- because I did plunk down over $30 on it. This is about the same price as the 224.


To be honest, they are completely different brushes and are by no means dupes of each other. The NARS #42 is much denser and not as floppy as the 224 which is the exact reason I prefer it over that brush. It's also a lot softer. I hear that the brush is made of  squirrel hair-most of the brushes I own are goat. So maybe that makes a difference? Not sure.

It does great crease work although since it is a larger brush, people with smaller lid space may have a bit of trouble. It blends and diffuses colors nicely too. 

I really like the design on the brushes, they are pretty substantial when you hold them and just look very sophisticated. 

The only thing I dislike about the brush is that it's made in China. I wish more companies would stop outsourcing and bring jobs back into the US. But that's an entirely different issue entirely. But still one that crosses my mind about the NARS brushes so I though I would share.

NARS #42, MAC 217, MAC 224
Overall, I love this brush. If I lost it, I would probably replace it. I prefer it over my 224-but not over the MAC 217. If you need a blending brush I would get that one first and then if you want something a little larger, this would be the one I would go for.

Do you have any NARS brushes? What are your favorite blending brushes?

No comments:

Post a Comment