Wednesday, March 11, 2015

The Body Shop Sweet Lemon Scrub


It's been a little while since I've done a review of an actual scrub. I've had a couple different scrubby soaps but nothing targeted specifically at scrubbing. I do like a good scrub every now and then so if I find one priced well I have no objections to picking it up. I've actually wanted the sweet lemon scrub for a long time. When I worked at The Body Shop I took a tiny sample home with me. I loved the smell of it in that little tub but for some reason I never got around to using it. I was pretty excited when I found this in TJ Maxx for around $6.

The Body Shop claims:
This exfoliating body scrub contains real lemon seed oil and peel. It lifts away dead skin cells and has a zesty citrus scent.
  • Leaves skin feeling soft and smooth
  • Stimulates skin microcirculation
  • Zesty citrus scent
I'm no stranger to the Sweet Lemon line. I've had the body butter, the lip butter, and the shower gel. My favorite out of the three was definitely the shower gel but I don't remember being particularly impressed with it beyond the scent. But I picked this up anyway. May as well complete the circle.

As for scent....I have mixed feelings. Sometimes I love it because I pick up a nice fresh, sweet, lemon scent. But sometimes I catch a hint of pledge. I would say about 95% of the time the scent is really pleasant to me. I think this scrub and the shower gel had the best scents from the line from what I have tried. 

One nice thing is it smells up the bathroom for a little bit after I use it. It doesn't stick to my skin whatsoever though.

As for the scrubbiness...it works decently. How much of a scrub you get depends on how much water you have on you. Too much water and the sugar/salt crystals dissolve too quickly which that might be ideal for more sensitive skin. I prefer using it when my skin is pretty dry because I like a scrubby scrub.

I thought this scrub would be drying because whenever I envision lemon I always think it's for oily skin. After your done scrubbing and go to rinse it off it feels like you are trying to rinse off baby oil. If you don't like the oily feeling you would probably not like this.


The oil makes it seem as if it would be really hydrating but I find that about an hour after using it I wish I would have used lotion. It's like the oil gets absorbed and then my skin feels dry-but not really. It's difficult to explain

The ingredients are decent. It has a lot of natural stuff in it. In fact, it's mostly natural

Ingredients:
Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Sucrose, Sodium Chloride, Helianthus Annuus Hybrid Oil, Silica, Citrus Medica Limonum Seed Oil, Glycine Soja Oil, Limonene, Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Oil, Parfum, Citrus Medica Limonum Peel, Juglans Regia Shell Powder, Citral, CI 19140.

Overall, this scrub messes with my emotions. When I love the scent- I love it. When I catch the whiff of pledge, that love wavers and I'm not so sure. It does it's job though and scrubs pretty nicely. It's not a bad one to try but I don't think I would buy it again.

Random: Started drinking my last tea from the Winter Teavana Gift set. This one is Toasted Nut Brûlée. With no toasted nuts. Anyway...Teavana tea's are all starting to taste the same. This one was nothing special. But the candied pineapple pieces were delicious. Oh yeah...there's barely any oolong it it...



No comments:

Post a Comment