Monday, March 23, 2015

Worst 5 Shampoo's I've Tried

Like previously mentioned in my favorite shampoos post, shampoo is not my favorite beauty product. Mostly because it is so hard to find one's that I like. It's so much easier to find shampoo's that I hate than it is to find ones I love. And even though I've found shampoos that I love, I refuse to stick with them. I'm always searching for the next great thing. If I had any sense I would stick with the one's I love because when you start your hair routine off with a bad product it throws your other products out of whack. Your favorite leave-in or moisturizer doesn't work up to it's full potential, conditioners doesn't perform as well, etc. 

Sounds like a good reason for me to stick with the shampoos on my list.

But I won't. I'm hard headed.

Anyway, let's get started.

1.Suave Tropical Coconut
Sounds like it would be amazing right? Nope. My hair hated it. In fact my hair seems to hate all Suave shampoo (out of the two I tried). My hair falls out more, gets drier, tangled, and becomes damaged. Why is this stuff so bad?

2. Mixed Chicks Shampoo
I really dislike the company. And I dislike this shampoo even more. Overpriced. Left me with dry, tangled hair.

3. Organics Coconut Milk Shampoo
Smells so good but performs so bad. Dry, tangled hair that smells absolutely yummy. I had high hopes for this line. I haven't tried it since these.

4. Curls Creamy Curl Cleanser
Didn't clean my scalp at all. And I'm not sure how something so creamy dried my hair?

5. Mizani Thermasmooth Shampoo
I said in the review that I don't use it for it's intended purposes...so that's why it may be so off for me. But even so, just lathering this in my hair makes me feel like I've made a huge mistake. I like the scent but I really hate what it does for me hair.


Looking at this list I regret that this is only the worst five. There are a couple more that should be on the list for sure. 

 Suave Almond+ Shea Butter because it makes my hair fall out.
Twisted Sista De Frizz Shampoo- Looks so cool and urban but it's a crappy product in cool packaging
Herbal Essences Hello Hydration- I bought these on hype from hair boards. I hated them
Trader Joe Nourish Spa and Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner- Another hyped product. The conditioners were a little better
Herbal Essences Hydraliscious- My hair seems to hate herbal essence
Freeman Sea Kelp- Smells like straight ammonia. Ick

So that's my top five horrible shampoos with a couple of bonus extras thrown in for good measure.




2 comments:

  1. How refreshing to read a post about horrible products instead of favorites. It is great to know what to avoid :) I have had a bad experience with herbal essences too. My curls went mad! :D

    Cylia<3
    http://noshandchat.blogspot.dk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize how much my hair doesn't like Herbal essence until i did this post Lol. I will have to do a worst five conditioners now too! Thanks for visiting and commenting :)

      Delete