Thursday, April 9, 2015

The Scottish Fine Soaps Company Sea Kelp Soap



I got this when I was searching TJ Maxx for soaps made in other countries. I didn't find that many but I did find this one that is made in Scotland!  Plus the packaging was too cute...

Scottish Fine Soaps:
Refreshing and invigorating sea kelp allows you to recreate a spa experience at home. Sea kelp, cultivated in nutrient-rich water is powerful against celulite. 
This luxurious triple-milled soap will provide a rich, creamy lather to keep your skin, cleansed, soft and nourished.


It comes packaged in the cutest little tin that is probably supposed to be given as a "Thank You" gift. Let's just say I gifted this to myself....

I love the packaging. I'm generally a sucker for anything that comes in a tin though. I will be keeping it once I finish the soap and storing other soaps in it- or maybe homemade body butter bars.

So like I said this one popped up in my TJ Maxx. Since then I've seen a couple other ones in super cute tins but I passed because the packaging had been messed with, although the Cocoa Butter one was tempting.

It say Sea Kelp but I've heard Sea Kelp can smell a bit fishy in soap. Ironically this doesn't seem to contain Sea Kelp in the ingredients. The scent is pretty perfume-y. Think super fancy hotel bath soaps and that's what this smells like. In fact, from what I remember it smells really similar to the Blvgari Au the Blanc (White tea Soap) at a fraction of the price. I got this for $4.

The scent is pretty strong too!  Not strong enough to linger but you definitely smell it when you use it.

The lather is nice and rich. 

But it doesn't seem to last any longer than your typical soap even if it does claim to be triple milled.

Once I'm done my skin is soft and it's no biggie if I skip lotion.

Ingredients:
Sodium Palmate, Sodium Cocoate, Water, Glycerin, Parfum, Sodium Chloride, Titanium Dioxide, Disodium Distybiphenyl Disulphinate, Sodium Gluconate, Tetrasodium EDTA,  Tetrasodium Etidronate, Benzyl Salicylate, Butyphenyl Methylpropionol, Citronellol, Linalool, Hydroxyisohexyl 3 Cyclohexene, Carboxaldehyde, Eugenol

As for ingredients...I'm not feeling them. I like soaps with more natural ingredients.

Overall, it's a nice soap if you like perfume-y scents or you just want to try a new soap made in a different country!! I actually want to try the milk one they have and the oatmeal. I've spotted a ton of them lately in TJ's.

Every tried anything from the company? 

No comments:

Post a Comment