In keeping with my TOP 5/ Worst 5 "series I thought I would do a post on facial cleansers.
Theres a couple things I want from a facial cleanser: I want it to remove all my makeup, be gentle, nice ingredients, smell nice, and not dry my skin. That's not too much to ask is it?
Anyway, here are some I've found that get the job DONE.
1. Burt's Bees Soap Bark and Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream- I LOVE this stuff. Get's off all my makeup, is mostly natural, and has really nice ingredients. It does tingle a bit. I love that when I'm done my skin looks really nice and refreshed and I can skip moisturizer. It is important to note they don't recommend it for the eye area....
2. Nubina Heritage African Black Soap With Oats, Aloe, and Vitamin E- I mostly used this as a body cleanser but as a facial wash this stuff is the BUSINESS. My pores were clean, it smelled pleasant, and the ingredients are phenomenal. Plus you can find it for as low as $2.99.
3. Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Cream Cleanser- I didn't love the ingredients in this one BUT it was so refreshing and left me feeling "fresh faced".
4. Nubian Heritage Carrot and Pomegranate Soap with Calendula and Extract and Cranberries- Want brighter skin? This will do it! Again, all natural just the way I like it. I would recommend the African Black soap of over this but still it's pretty decent.... Only thing I didn't like was that it smelled very floral.
5. The Body Shop Passionfruit Facial Cleanser- This one is probably going to be easy to bump off the list...but it is number 5 for a reason! Basically it's here because it cleaned my skin and didn't cause any breakouts. It worked well. But I like the other four cleansers better and would recommend those before this.
When I was going through the different cleansers I have tried I thought I would find a couple that might be in the top. What I found out was that I've tried way more cleansers that I hate! In fact, the first two on the list I love, the rest are nice but not anything special like the first two. I guess it happens that way sometimes.
Anyway, stay tuned for the worst 5 cleansers!!!
What are your favorite cleansers? Any reccomendatons?
Random: I made Lavender Body Butter Bars...Can't wait to use them later!