Monday, April 6, 2015

Worst 5 Hair Styler/Moisturizers

There's nothing worse than trying a new hair product and discovering your hair absolutely hates it. But then I wouldn't be able to write a list like this! So I guess it has it's pluses.

 Most normal people will just throw out the product but I hate throwing things out. It's very rare that I actually do that. Most times I can just add another product to it and at least make it useable. This list of products are things that I had a hard time salvaging.

I guess it will help if I tell you my hair type. I have mostly 4a hair with a random patch of 3c at the back of my head. I have fine hair but just a lot of it so it looks like I have thick hair. 

1. Carol's Daughter Hair Balm- This one I remember right off the bat. When I first started trying Carol's Daughter Hair products I was so excited to get my hands on them...but most of them were horrible in my hair. Actually all except one which made my Top 5 Hair Styler/Moisturizers post.   Anyway, back to the product at hand. This was a part of Jada Pinkett Smith's dynamic duo and she has nice hair (when she isn't wearing a wig or lace front) so I thought it would be fun to try. Basically this was like rubbing petroleum jelly in my hair. Greasy, shiny, yet dry hair. This product does not contain petroleum jelly in it oddly enough. Plus, I hated the smell of it. It was just way too strong and floral for me.

2. Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding- This may be making the list more so because I don't like the brand at all. This post I found on another blog explains why pretty well...but the short of it is that the products use cheap ingredients but has the nerve to be almost $60 for the larger size (which is not that large). My hair looks nearly the same as it did with any other product. ONE TIME, I did get really defined hair but it was the technique more so then the product. And I hated the smell, it was way to cloying and perfumy.

3. Taliah Waajid- For some reason I was under the impression that this product was all natural....most of the ingredients aren't really that great in this product. It had shea butter and normally my hair LOVES Shea. This product went in my hair and sucked all available moisture right out of my hair. It was one of the weirdest experiences I've ever had with a product. And when I washed it out, it made my hair even more tangled. I also couldn't stand the smell. I haven't tried anything else from the brand but I'm not opposed to trying more, it's just this product was really awful in my hair.

4. ORS Olive Oil Smooth N Hold Pudding- This product was awful in my hair. Turned my hair white, no curl definition, and really dry hair. I've only had one ORS product that has worked for my hair.

5. Shea Moisture Shea Butter Leave In Conditioner- My hair really hated this stuff. It smelled like this pink medicine I used to take as a child-but it did smell better once it dried. The ingredients in this are great though so I'm not sure why my hair hated this stuff so much. I really like the brand but this product just didn't do anything for me.

These are just what I deem my worst five. Of course there are some honorable mentions- Blue Magic Hair Grease (any grease full of petroleum/mineral oil really),  Pantene Relaxed and Natural Daily Moisturizer, and Mixed Chicks Leave In Conditioner. 

Overall, these are the products that I wouldn't recommend to anyone.

What are some of the worst products you have tried? 



No comments:

Post a Comment