Thursday, April 2, 2015

Sabse Borani (Spinach and Yoghurt Dip)

This is another recipe that I made and have no idea how to say.

Awhile back I said that I would start cooking recipes from countries that I might not normally make things from. It's my little way of having a mini adventure. Plus it's fun to learn to cook something new.

The only spinach dip I've ever really liked is the spinach and artichoke dip you get as an appetizer at some restaurants. And it's surprising I like that. Growing up I hated anything with spinach. Not even Popeye could convince me to eat the evil green stuff.

 Now as an adult I love the stuff. Well not love, I just eat it mostly because it's a super food and I like green smoothies!

This dip is heavy on spinach (and onions- another thing I'm not very fond of!). Surprisingly I really like it. Not enough to make it again...but enough that I ate it and enjoyed it. 

If you've ever cooked fresh spinach it is absolutely ridiculous how much the stuff shrinks. I prefer to buy frozen because you get more bang for you buck but fresh is always good. Besides the shrinking I learned that spinach dip is a lot of work. It isn't but then-it is. 

And I made some flat bread to go with it. I love flat bread. It's so much simpler than yeast breads and sooo good.

Click Here for the recipe.

Next recipe- Honeyed Chicken!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment