Thursday, April 2, 2015

The Body Shop Frosted Cranberry Body Butter


Ahhhh, the last of my holiday body butters! I love cranberries. Well, not really. Real cranberries are pretty nasty. They just taste like a sour flavorless berry. But I love everything made out of cranberries: cranberry sauce, dried cranberries, and cranberry juice. I also love the scent of cranberries. It's not necessarily a scent I associate with holidays but a lot of people do so I can see why it's a seasonal release.

The Body Shop claims:
This fruity Body Butter is a vibrant and juicy-smelling festive favorite for fragrant, soft skin. Contains top note cranberry seed oil from Canada, as a nourishing and moisturizing treat for the skin. * Leaves skin feeling softer and smoother * Buttery texture * Seasonal Frosted Cranberry scent * Enriched with Community Fair Trade Shea Butter

The Body Shop releases a cranberry scent every year, Cranberry Joy, Merry Cranberry, and now Frosted Cranberry. I'm pretty sure they are the exact same scent...maybe a very subtle difference that you could only detect having the different ones in front of you. I've had a couple products from the previous cranberry lines-the body smoother and the shimmer lotion. I remember liking them both.

This comes packaged in a red tub like most body butters. Some people like the packaging, some feel it's unhygienic. I only put clean fingers in so it doesn't bother me.

This "butter" is actually a really thick cream. The consistencies vary from product-some remind you of butter (like the vanilla brûlée), some don't. This also has an oily feel to it that can take a couple minutes to sink it. That doesn't bother me at all but I know it does bother some.

The scent is really nice. You can sniff it and think cranberry right away. It's not too sour and not too sweet, just a really nice festive cranberry scent. It's pretty strong too but not as strong as the body smoother I had a couple years ago. This one can linger for a little while too-not too strongly though!

As for moisture, I get pretty soft and moisturized skin for about 12 hours. I don't have dry skin after the 12 hours, it's just it isn't as moisturized feeling as it was. And that's perfectly fine. 

As for ingredients, The Body Shop alway uses decent fair trade ingredients BUT they also add some questionable ingredients too.

Ingredients:
Water, Shea Butter, Sesame Seed Oil, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alchohol, Glyceryl Stearate,  PEG 100 Stearate,  C12-15, Alkyl Benzoate, Ethyl Hexyl Palmitate, Soybean Oil,Beeswax, Dimethicone, Cocoa Seed Butter, Babbassu Oil, Phenethyl Alcholhol, Caprylyl Glycol, Cranberry Seed Oil, Parfum, Xanthum Gum, Tocopheryl, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Sodium Hydroxide, Citral, Citric Acid, Caramel, Red

Overall, for the five dollars I paid I'm not mad at all. It is a nice moisturizer especially if you like the scent of cranberries. I wouldn't pay $20 for it though. At the most maybe $10.

Have you ever tried it? What's your favorite body butter?

After having tried all of the 2014 Holiday Butters my fave is the Vanilla Brûlée one, then this, and last the glazed apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment