Friday, May 22, 2015

Badger Cuticle Care


Forget about Burt's Bees! I have found a company that I love a million times more than Burt's Bees. I've tried a couple products from Burt's but lately I've noticed them coming out with so many more products that have more fillers in them ever before. So I was on the lookout for another company to try. When I ran out of my Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream from Burt, I picked this up!

Badger claims:
  • Soothing Shea & Cocoa Butters nourish and repair dry, splitting cuticles.
  • Portable tin can travel anywhere.
  • Use daily for maintenance, or as an intensive overnight cuticle treatment.
Carry Beauty in your Hands with Badger Cuticle Care Badgers know how to dig the Earth, and also what a toll that can take on the cuticles - that's why this is one of our favorite balms! Our Cuticle Care deeply soothes and restores cuticles with soothing Shea Butter and nourishing Seabuckthorn CO2 extract. Delightfully scented essential oils of Geranium, Mandarin, Lemongrass and Ginger. Repair and protect dry, splitting cuticles. Note: Naturally occurring beads of Shea Butter rise to the surface.


This may turn into a little bit of a comparison review. Just warning ya!

So this cuticle balm comes in a tin-like the Burt's Bees. This one is .75 ounces and the Burt's Bees one is .60 ounces. They are listed for the same price at $6.00 so the better deal is the Badger. I got mine at a co-op so I payed $5 for it. Even better.

As far as performance, I really love this one. You just swirl your finger in and massage it in. Doesn't get any easier. I like the texture on this better because it seems to sink in a bit quicker than the Burt's one. It's a little shinier though and a little bit goes a very long way. 

My cuticles have been looking really good lately. Probably the best they ever have!

The packaging is super cute. Who knew badgers were so adorable? And surprisingly the tin is pretty easy to open. I love tin packaging but sometimes they can be pretty difficult to open...not this!

I almost forgot to talk scent- this smells very natural. Kind of citrus-y and very very natural. I'm not crazy about the scent but it's not a big deal. I love the ingredients and how it works. It doesn't smell bad-just very natural. Almost like you can smell the natural ingredients mixed with the scenting oils.

The reason I like this much better than the Burt's Bees is the because ingredients are better. Burt's uses cheaper ingredients- and Badger uses higher quality ones. It's also certified organic for those that prefer organic products. 

Ingredients:
Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, *Olea Europaea (Extra Virgin Olive) Oil, *Ricinus Communis (Castor) Oil, *Cera Alba (Beeswax), Essential Oils of *Pelargonium Graveolens (Geranium), *Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin), *Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass), *Elettaria Cardamomum (Cardamom), *Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary Verbenone), *Litsea Cubeba (Litsea), and CO2 Extracts of *Hippophae Rhamnoides (Seabuckthorn) & *Zingiber Officinale (Ginger). 


Overall, I've tried a couple different cuticles creams and this is my favorite! I can't wait to try more from this brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment