Sunday, May 3, 2015

Bed Head Mega Whip Whipped Marshmallow Hair Texturizer


I'm currently using blogging as tool of procrastination. I really don't want to do my weight work out....so I've been cleaning brushes, cleaning up, and now blogging. Basically anything to put off the weight lifting. I really should just get it over with! Ah well.

I picked this up awhile ago one sale. I believe it's discontinued now but I have seen it show up in a couple discount stores.

Bed Head claims:
Whip into dry hair for light texture with a flexible hold. Delicious Sweet Dreams scent.

I've never used a "texturizer" in my hair so trying this was my chance to. 

I'll start off with scent. It smells like a raspberry cream dessert. I kind of expected it to smell like marshmallows so that was a bit disappointing. The scent it nice though...I'm just not a big fan of berry scented hair products...for some reason they always go "off" in my hair. But this doesn't stick around long anyway.

Now as for the texture...it's nice. It feels so soft and whipped up. Sounds like it would be a dream to apply...but it's just ok. It turns into a waxy white cream when you rub it into your hands, and you have to be careful to really rub it in. I was expecting some sort of texture but it really didn't do much of anything...whether I applied it wet or dry.

So I decided to try it as a twisting product...and while it adds a bit of definition to my hair...it also dulls my hair a bit and adds an ashy look. It's not so bad on the first day but on the second day...NO. I had really stiff, horrible looking hair. 

And the ingredients are just plain horrible. Bed Head doesn't really use the greatest ingredients but their marketing can really suck you in. Cute packaging and fun names. 

Ingredients:
water, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, cetearyl alcohol, VP/VA copolymer, lithium magnesium sodium silicate, propanediol, cetyl esters, petrolatum, PVP, glyceryl stearate, synthetic beeswax, phenyl trimethicone, phenoxyethanol, fragrance, capryl glycol, PEG-100 stearate, acrylate/C10-30 alkyl acetate crosspolymer, hydroxypropyltrimonium hydrolyzed corn starch, disodium EDTA, aminomethylpropional, polyaminopropyl biguaride, laurtrimonium chloride, methylisothiazolinone, methylparaben, butylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben, propylparaben, sucrose, limonene, linalool
Overall, this wasn't great for my hair. It seems to be great for short, straight hair based on a couple vids I saw on youtube. Overall I can see why it was discontinued. I will be finishing up the couple of Bed Head products I have in my cabinet and probably won't be purchasing anything else from the brand.

And now I can procrastinate no longer-so I will go do my weight workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment