Saturday, May 2, 2015

My Current Skincare Routine

My skincare routine changes pretty often because I like to try new products. Recently I have switched my skincare to mostly natural and I have seen a huge improvement in my skin-so from here on out I will be only using things that are all natural. Skincare is super important because makeup can only do so much for you. With my current routine I have noticed smaller pores, smoother skin, more even squinting, and some of my blemish marks from prior acne is fading. And when I put on foundation WATCH OUT! So this is what's been working for me.


I'm currently using Dudu Osun African Black Soap to wash my face. I've only been using it for about two weeks now so I'm not ready to do a full review on it but so far I love it. In the morning I just use plain water on my face, and at night I use this. I use coconut oil in my eye area but otherwise this removes makeup perfectly!


I then follow up with some Aloe Vera Juice that I put in a bottle along with water and Lavender and Eucalyptus essential oil. This isn't necessary, I mostly do it because I like the scent of the spray and it feels refreshing. Plus, Aloe is supposed to be very good for skin. 





Next I use Sonoma Naturals Argan Oil Serum-which I do not recommend. You can get pure argan oil for around the same price as this. Since it's what I have and I hate to waste I just press this into my skin in the AM and PM. In the morning, I just use a little bit so I don't look like an oily beast and at night I add a bit more.  


Then this may be a bit of overkill but I alternate between three different moisturizers. I use either Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, or Cocoa Butter. They are all amazing and do wonderful things for the skin so that's what I'm using. I find the yellow Shea butter works the best with the African Black soap I'm using-but I still alternate. And whatever moisturizer I use also functions as my eye cream.

EDIT: I had to ditch the coconut oil on my face. It just wasn't working out...would put it on at night and wake up with little bumps on my face.

Once a week I use my Clarisonic. I don't find it does much for my skin but once a week I "deep clean" with it. 



And twice a week I do a turmeric face mask with yoghurt and honey. The turmeric also functions as a very mild exfoliant so I don't feel the need to also use scrub. 

So what's missing?
Sunscreen- I know you're supposed to wear sunscreen but I'm terrible at wearing it. Usually I just rely on the sunscreen in my makeup-but my Smashbox doesn't have it! So when I know I'm going to be getting some sun I use a sunscreen sample or I try to use Shea Butter which is supposed to have an SPF of 6 depending on how fresh it is. It's probably not the best way to do sunscreen but...I'm working on it!


And that concludes my skincare routine.

What's your routine?








No comments:

Post a Comment