Tuesday, May 19, 2015

MAC 130 Short Duo Fiber Brush


I've had the 187 for a couple years now and when I first got it I used it all the time. Gradually I bought other brushes and didn't use it so much anymore...when I do use it I love it all over again. I didn't know that MAC had other stippling brushes until I was watching a tutorial on youtube and the girl pulled the 130 out to add her highlighter. That's when I added it to my wish list. I rarely use highlighter and when I did apply I was using my fingers so this brush looked like it would make a nice addition to my collection. It retails for $42 but I had some cash back on my credit card so I got it $25 off.


MAC claims:
A short, round, flat-topped brush ideal for the smooth, easy application of foundations, creams, emulsions, and select powder products. Features a blend of natural bristles and synthetic fibres.

I think this originally was supposed to be used with creme foundation. I can't tell you how it works with cream foundations because I've never used one. I should add it to my list of things to try out though.

I have used it as a foundation brush and I like it for that. I like to use a small amount of foundation and only in areas that I need it. This helps me use minimal foundation and really blend it in. It is small and some people don't really like it because of the size. I  can see how that might be a problem if you go heavier on the foundation and have a lot of blending to do. Otherwise it's fine.

It works great with creme brush...but my cheeks are bigger so it does take a longer amount of time to blend...however I prefer it over the 187 for cream blush because this one is denser. But I don't wear cream blushes often at all. In fact, I only have one!

As for highlighter, which is what I bought it for, I don't really like it for that. I can't get the exact amount I want and then I have a hard time getting it exactly where I want. It works but there are other brushes I prefer over it.

The only brush I really have that's comparable to it is the ELF small stipple brush. They do look similar. But the 130 is denser and less scratchy for full face application- not to say it's scratchy, I just notice it more when I compare them side by side. Basically both brushes perform the same things but there is a huge price difference, the ELF retails for just $3.

Overall, I really like it. It's not a must have but I'm not mad it's in my collection. To be totally honest, you can get the ELF brush and be just as happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment