Sunday, May 24, 2015

The Body Shop Wild Argan Body Butter


My very last body butter from The Body Shop. I've used a ton of them over the years but I think it's time to move on from them. Anyway, I bought this just before Christmas in one of their sales....so I paid $10, normally they go for $21. Way too expensive, at least for me!

The Body Shop claims:
Indulge in the most luxurious beauty ritual with this rich body moisturizer, enriched with Community Fair Trade wild argan oil from Morocco for dry skin.

Argan oil is all the rage these days! I think it all started when Josie Maran came out with her own brand of oil. Since then companies have been adding it to absolutely everything to get consumers to buy their products. Argan is supposed to be very good for the skin-and I agree. A couple years ago my parents went to Morocco and bought some Argan Oil. It was amazing in my hair and as a facial oil. I haven't really tried many Argan products since then so I thought it would be nice to try this.



I'll start off with scent, which I'm not a big fan of. As far as I know Argan doesn't have a scent so they had complete creative license as far as scenting goes. In my opinion it smells like a warm amber scent with hints of coconut. I have tried and tried to like it, but it's just not my cup of tea. It lasts maybe 1-3 hours on the skin. I don't really notice it unless I sniff my arm directly though.

As for texture, it is THICK. But it does sink in quic
kly and spread easily. And it moisturizes the full day. No complains there, but that's the truth for almost all the body butters I have tried.

It comes in the standard tub packaging. Some people have issues with having to dip their fingers in it, but it doesn't bother me! Just use clean fingers! 

It does have fair trade Argan oil, which is one of the main attractions of The Body Shop. I think that's great- but I do take that with a grain of salt. I found this video on youtube and found it an interesting watch.




As for ingredients, The Body Shop always has great ingredients and pretty high up in the ingredients list. In addition to fair trade argan oil, they have fair trade Shea and Cocoa butters. I do wish Argan was higher up in the ingredients though...and I wish they would eliminate some of the not so wonderful ingredients from it!

Ingredients:

Aqua/Water/Eau , Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter/Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Cetearyl Alcohol , Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate , Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire d’abeille , Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil , Dimethicone , Parfum/Fragrance, Caprylyl Glycol , Phenoxyethanol , Xanthan Gum , Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Coumarin , Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), CI 15985/Yellow 6 (Colorant), CI 19140/Yellow 5 (Colorant).


Overall, it was OK. I would have liked it a lot better if I liked the scent more......

Have you tried it?

No comments:

Post a Comment