Sunday, June 14, 2015

Creme of Nature Straight from Eden Natural Derived Repairing Oil


Every time I say I'm about to use all natural I look in my cabinet and out pops another junky product! But this should be the last (for awhile, I have some stuff for straightening hair but I don't straighten my hair very often!). I got this from my sister for free. She got it at an event they had on her college campus. I don't like turning down free...so I took it! Figured I could at least get a review out of it!

Cream of Nature Claims:
Shines and controls frizz for healthy hair…naturally! Experience the power of three natural oils with Straight From Eden Natural Oil-Infused Repairing Oil, a powerful restorative formula created to protect against damage, seal in moisture and give brilliant shine. This Natural Oil-Infused formula is made with conditioning oils from CoconutAvocado, and Olive.

I believe this is the very first Creme of Nature review I've done on this blog. Years and years ago I bought the much raved about shampoo...and I remember it working pretty well on my relaxed hair. 

It would appear they use more "natural" ingredients. Especially from the packaging. They boast that it contains three GREAT oils- olive, coconut, and avocado. And if you check the ingredients there is actually argan oil too! (Why does it auto-correct to "organ" each time i type it? Gross!).

But is it really oil? Nice try...but no. This is a SERUM. And while it does have some good oils in it...it has not so great ingredients toward the top. You would be better off buying 100% pure coconut, olive, and avocado and just mixing it! Or using each of those oil on their own.

Anyway, looking beyond the ingredient list...you might be wondering how it works.

Not so great!

The smell is pretty strong when you use it. It's kind of manly with a little hint of coconut. It eventually fades though.

The packaging- regular plastic pump bottle. It does come in a box- they were trying to get fancy!

You get almost two ounces of product...which doesn't last very long.

It does adds a bit of sheen to my hair but it doesn't last very long. It isn't "moisturizing" and it promotes frizz. As for the claims that it can repair the hair- that's a big fat nope! 

Another thing worth mentioning- this has been causing my face to break out in some pretty awful pimples. The ingredients are way to clogging to my skin so I have to cover my hair at night because it was transferring from my pillow to my face.

No bueno.

Ingredients:
CyclopentaSiloxane , dimethicone , dimethiconol , Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate , Dicaprate , amodimethicone , Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (Argan) , Cocos Nucifera Oil (Coconut) , Olea Europaea Fruit Oil (Olive) , Persea Gratissima Oil (Avocado) , BHA , Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed OiI , Bambusa Vulgaris Extract , Cyclotetrasiloxane , Benzophenone-3 , fragrance , BEnzyl Benzoate , BEnzyl Salicylate , Citral , Coumarin , Butylphenyl MEthylpropional , limonene , linalool , CI 47000 (Yellow 11) , CI 61565 (Green 6)

As you can probably already tell I was not pleased with the product. Nice try Creme of Nature but you may want to head back to the drawing board on this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment